IGNORED

280z triple weber, msd, l28...wont start :(

cassio

Ya I just wanted to have less work. Maybe I'm wrong but I didn't see how you can install a cam with out redoing the whole timing chain over again. When I took the cam pulley of the stock cam it was imposible to put it back on. As the tensioner is not accesable with the cover on.

Ya I actually found that info on another board but it was too late.

The po actually included a new timing chain, tensioner and guides. Also the bigger cam, matching springs and retainers. Also set of valve seals. I ordered a water pump from a local parts store so I can also kncok that out.

Replacing all this will ensure good mechanical timing. And hopefully not introduce any new issues do to the cam.

Nigel,

When u mentioned the different cam timing were u refering to a different ignition timing?

i guess the cam is simple enough to replace than i can throw the stock one in for now. i went ahead and already switched out the springs to the schneider ones already when i did the valve seals. nigel you got a link of info on a base cam setting for aftermarket cams.

with a brand new chain i dont see why you wouldnt be able to set the aftermarket cam to the #1 setting.

i guess the cam is simple enough to replace than i can throw the stock one in for now. i went ahead and already switched out the springs to the schneider ones already when i did the valve seals. nigel you got a link of info on a base cam setting for aftermarket cams.

with a brand new chain i dont see why you wouldnt be able to set the aftermarket cam to the #1 setting.

You will need the spec for your particular cam. If you google schneider camshafts you will get the info. Do you know which cam it is ?

• 1 month later...