IGNORED

started body work on my 280

grantf

here is my progress so far:

So the Tabco part was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, It is still not compleatly done,there is a little more grinding a tab bit of hammer work to sharpen the inside radius and filler (but not much). I am actually pleased with the fit!

post-17660-14150811182275_thumb.jpg

post-17660-14150811182975_thumb.jpg

post-17660-14150811183645_thumb.jpg

post-17660-14150811184237_thumb.jpg

Edited by grantf

Looks nice, are you going to Canby this year? If so a few guys are all convoying down and your more than welcome to join us (Zs-ondabrain, S30driver, and me). I'll be posting a thread under goodies -> events when we finalize the times.

Canby, Oregon, which is about 20 miles or so away from Portland. It's the biggest Datsun show in the Northwest. Its next weekend, June 13th.

A rough draft of our plan is to leave on Saturday (June 12th), meet up with others at Krispy Kreme off I5 in Tacoma then all head down there.

It's at a fair ground and allows camping. So we plan to just camp there over night to help split up the driving, then head back on Sunday.

For people only attending on Sunday (the day of the actual show), a number of us typically meet at one of the I-5 rest areas and convoy in the final 10 miles or so.

attachment.php?attachmentid=36439&stc=1&d=1275691155

Yep that's what Dave was telling me, we'll probably go to that too, despite leaving on Saturday. It's my first year going and falls the weekend after college finals so I can't wait should be a lot of fun and I can finally meet some people off this forum in person.

Is my thread getting hijacked? :)

Anyhow by that time my car may not be drivable as bodywork progresses:ermm: I'll see if I can make it maybe just the meet in Tacoma.

I think he's onto our thread jacking abilities Arne.

So what's next on the list of things you need to replace on the body?

Looks good. Are you going to repaint that area to match the rest, or do a full strip-down of the car and repaint?

I'm worried for the future of my rockers and dogleg, I'm starting to see some slight bubbling on the passenger side :(