IGNORED

Seat restoration

zed2

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/6/2018 at 7:07 PM, 7tooZ said:

How much would you want to make me a set for two seats?

72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.

Keith, You can count me in for three sets for three pairs of seats.  Thanks. Brad

Edited by hiyabrad
Mistake

On 12/10/2018 at 11:12 AM, nix240z said:

I also made the seat covers and used a cnc punch for the holes.

The protective covering is still on the clear plastic. 

a couple of pictures of before and after my seat restoration....

seatplastic.jpg

seat1.jpg

seat3.jpg

seat2.jpg

Just a beautiful restoration! Since you are a manufacturer maybe you can make the plastic protector sets for sale?

I’d love to see a thread on your seat restoration. I will be doing the same shortly. Thanks. 

Edited by hiyabrad

hiyabrad7tooZZup,

I am going to produce sets (8 pieces to a set) of the seat protectors for the 1969-1970 seats in mid-January 2019.  The pricing will be:

$38.00 for the first set, $30.00 for additional sets mailed to the same address. Shipping will be via FedEx Express Saver, insured, with tracking.

Once I have fabricated some sets I will create a new post in the Classifieds offering them.

Thanks to all.

Keith

Edited by zed2
  • Like 1

7tooZ
Do you have a set to use as templates if I sent you the material?
Keith

I would be happy to pay for some of the material if you have some extra. I have Series I seats and still have the original protectors that look much like your original set.

72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.

15 hours ago, zed2 said:

hiyabrad7tooZZup,

I am going to produce sets (8 pieces to a set) of the seat protectors for the 1969-1970 seats in mid-January 2019.  The pricing will be:

$38.00 for the first set, $30.00 for additional sets mailed to the same address. Shipping will be via FedEx Express Saver, insured, with tracking.

Once I have fabricated some sets I will create a new post in the Classifieds offering them.

Thanks to all.

Keith

Perfect. Please also post a heads up in this thread when they are ready! Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Zup said:

Thank you Keith, I appreciate you doing this.

Have you completed the restoration of your seats? If so, how did the "Japan Imperial Army Green" paint work out?

Photos??

Zup,

I have not competed the seat restoration as I am awaiting the seat guards from 240zrubberparts.com.

I don't have an update on the "Japan Imperial Army Green" paint yet.

Keith

1 hour ago, zed2 said:

Zup,

I have not competed the seat restoration as I am awaiting the seat guards from 240zrubberparts.com.

I don't have an update on the "Japan Imperial Army Green" paint yet.

Keith

Keith, You should get your set of seat guards tomorrow...

After Keith sells off his sets of seat guards. I will look into making sets as I still have the templates for the clear seat covers.

Steve

A9297386-64A3-4CEE-9D7C-302D10CC871B.jpeg

This project is getting more involved.  One of the rubber guards that protects the seat track from dust/debris was torn.  Original on the right, replacement on the left.

Too many hours on the seat project!!!

Keith

Edited by zed2

1 hour ago, zed2 said:

A9297386-64A3-4CEE-9D7C-302D10CC871B.jpeg

This project is getting more involved.  One of the rubber guards that protects the seat track from dust/debris was torn.  Original on the right, replacement on the left.

Too many hours on the stat project!!!

Keith

I had the same problem and also replaced the rubber guard. I had about 10 hrs on just one seat