IGNORED

Too Intense Restoration Issues

cbudvet

Has anyone had any problems with Too Intense Restoration? I placed an order with them at the beginning of the month and shortly thereafter received an email saying the order would ship by the 7th. I haven't heard anything since. I have tried calling and keep getting the machine and have not had any replies to emails.

carl

Years ago I had a problem with him on eBay. I pay within seconds after the auction ends and he didn't ship. He was arrogant about it and strung it out as long as he could then banned me from his auctions. What I got was a new part and I got it too cheap but treating me like crap and calling me names was not the way to handle it. I wrote him off at that time. When I see that he is still in business I had to think he must have cleaned up his act. I never mentioned my problems with him to anyone till now and never heard anyone else have a problem.

Hmmm. That isn't the Troy I know.

I've always been treated with respect and promptness by him. He did go through a period shortly after his wife passed away that may have had an influence on his psyche. FWIW

Carl,

I've only had a word definition problem with Troy years ago....He's gotta be treating people decent to have stayed in business as long as he has...FWIW.... Just make sure you have a clear agreement with what he considers original...and you will likely be happy with what you purchase....

David Spillman

Did have many problems with them last year on my 73 resto project :

1) Shipping exclusively done with USPS which stink in term of interactive package tracking

2) Prompt response until order payment and lousy email return after

3) Being told that specific item is in stock and once payment done that it is not anymore (short delay between order and payment)

4) About the same time last year i had a problem with an order, after many emails sent without a reply, Troy son finally answered me that is Dad was in Japan visiting vendors

In my opinion, while being honest, this vendor conduct is business in a disorganized way which make it a difficult experience. They should be avoided if in a rush for an item.

I dealt with Troy when I was redoing my '73 and had no problem. Always was up front and prompt with my orders. I always make it a point to allow lead time when doing a project so if shipping is slower than it should be I am not held up.

But this was never the case with Troy. I must say that this was like 6+ years ago.

Gary

When I got home last night there was a note from the post office saying I had a package waiting. I will try to get it at lunch. At this point, my only complaints are the lack of communication and the use of the post office (as stated by Mike).

carl

• 1 year later...