IGNORED

Back from paint!

JohnnyO

Just picked it up. :D Looks great. Still needs to go back to the shop for sanding and buffing on Tuesday but I am happy with the job.

It was a little cloudy today but I couldn't see any waves in the body. Better pictures tomorrow in the sunshine and then more after the buffing...

post-17819-14150811083736_thumb.jpg

post-17819-14150811084029_thumb.jpg

post-17819-14150811084258_thumb.jpg

post-17819-1415081108449_thumb.jpg

post-17819-14150811084713_thumb.jpg

post-17819-14150811084942_thumb.jpg

post-17819-14150811085168_thumb.jpg

post-17819-14150811109933_thumb.jpg

post-17819-14150811110178_thumb.jpg

Thanks Carl and Gary. I can't wait to get it on the road. I will be shopping this weekend for some things I need like the firewall insulator, seal kit, new side marker gaskets, a few grommets and a carb rebuild kit from Z Therapy.

My goal when I bought the car in September 2008 was to have it ready by June 1, 2010.

I am going to be very close to meeting that date.

Looks spectacular. I can't wait for my 920 71 to get to that stage, and hope it looks half as good as yours.

When the time comes, can I send you some cash and get you to ship me some paint? Your efforts in the matching paid off. Can't wait to see it back together. Definitely one of the best I have seen...

Hey it looks great! I need to get mine back and have another buffing done as well. I live in Eau Claire. We should meet up some time as I have a friend that lives in Woodbury and I want to attend one of the local car shows in that area.

Thanks all. I am pretty happy with it right now. I can't wait to see it buffed.

When the time comes, can I send you some cash and get you to ship me some paint? Your efforts in the matching paid off. Can't wait to see it back together. Definitely one of the best I have seen...

lbpdz, I am not sure about shipping the paint but if you can track down a PPG dealer in your area I can get you the exact formula. You may consider purchasing paint soon though, I heard California was going to be one of the first states to implement water borne paints. Not sure when though.

lookin good. is that what is commonly referred to as " baby poo yellow?" :)

Yes, that is baby poo yellow, better known as 920 Gold or Safari Gold. Now-a-days PPG calls it Nissan Gold. I love the color.

Looks great. Don't lose those pics:)

Well, the pictures posted here should be here forever. It's the ones I don't post that I have to worry about. I lost a bunch of pictures that document my tear down and a bunch that I took when I was taking it down to bare metal. I reformatted my laptop and forgot to move them to my thumbdrive:stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid:

...I need to get mine back and have another buffing done as well. I live in Eau Claire. We should meet up some time as I have a friend that lives in Woodbury and I want to attend one of the local car shows in that area.

I am actually in Hudson, right on 94 at the border. I would like to attend one of the local Z shows. I belong to ZOOM (Z Owners Of Minnesota) although I have never attended a meet yet, I have emailed a few of the members. Most of the meets they have are on the West side of the Cities near Lake Minnetonka. I live out in the sticks North of Hudson. Kind of a long haul on Monday nights.

PM me if you are ever passing through, I'd like to see your car.

I love it!

Thanks Frank. I figured you would like the color.;)

Still a little cloudy here right now. After the clouds burn off I will get some pictures outside in the sunshine.

John