Throttle linkage boot - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Throttle linkage boot

Featured Replies

You ought to come out for a Georgia Z Club meeting sometime. The next one is Dec 2. Go to the website in the links below for details.

Basic tip: Wrap fishing line in the groove of the grommet part of it. Push it against the hole in the firewall and pull on the fishing line; through the hole. The string will pull the lip evenly through the hole as it unwraps from the grommet. It's the same technique used for installing glass seals.

Basic tip: Wrap fishing line in the groove of the grommet part of it. Push it against the hole in the firewall and pull on the fishing line; through the hole. The string will pull the lip evenly through the hole as it unwraps from the grommet. It's the same technique used for installing glass seals.

That's worth a video. Any chance of you having a camera to show off the technique?:cool:

Steve:

I've been a member of the Georgia Z Club since March. I make about 2 out of 3 meetings, Missed Novembers sick in bed. I'll look for you next meeting and at the Christmas party.

Dave:

Great timely tip. I have three more grommets to install in the firewall. Thanks.

Cool, I hope to see you at the next meeting. If I can get my 260Z over to Eddie to do some work, I may even drive it there.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
That's worth a video. Any chance of you having a camera to show off the technique?:cool:

Can't find any videos and hope to not be doing any related Z work in the near future but I found a site that illustrates the technique quite well. It's as easy as closing a ziplock....pull the string and the grommet/seal seats itself.

http://www.fordmuscle.com/2007/05/installing-back-glass/

Thanks for the link. The visual reference helped a lot.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.