IGNORED

Wix/Napa Filter Number for 72 240z

mec011

I've got a quick question, I'm ordering parts to change my oil on my newly acquired mostly stock 72 Z. I'm going with the Valvoline VR-1 10W-30, and I'm partial to Wix/Napa Gold filters, but the part number given for the 240Z is 51521 (Napa 1521), and my Z currently is running a Fram PH8A which is equivalent to Wix 51515 (Napa 1515)*. The difference looks to be only the capacity, any opinions or experience as to which one to go with?

Thanks!

*Edited to fix my own part number error

Edited by mec011

I use the factory blue Nissan filters on mine, but only the original large capacity. (Nissan has a smaller one too, but the originals were large.) So if you go with the Wix/NAPA I'd use whichever is larger.

I've got a quick question, I'm ordering parts to change my oil on my newly acquired mostly stock 72 Z. I'm going with the Valvoline VR-1 10W-30, and I'm partial to Wix/Napa Gold filters, but the part number given for the 240Z is 51521 (Napa 1521), and my Z currently is running a Fram PH8A which is equivalent to Wix 51515 (Napa 1515)*. The difference looks to be only the capacity, any opinions or experience as to which one to go with?

Thanks!

*Edited to fix my own part number error

Original Fram P/N was PH2850 when the L series motor was popular, the PH8A is for Ford products but seems to work fine on the L series motor

Almost every parts store will show the PH8A as the L-series filter, but it doesn't say it's an Only Ford item. I've been yelled at so many times about using Fram Filters, it's not funny anymore. So I guess I'll check out the Wix units.

I've read every "Fram Failure" write-up out there. But Honestly, I've used Fram PH8A's on my red Z for 7 years and NEVER had a problem. A filter is NOT a Filter if it doesn't do it's job but I've personally not had an issue thus far.

I'll try the WIX or Napa Gold and see if there is a difference. Not likely but I'll try anything once, twice if I like it.....

Almost every parts store will show the PH8A as the L-series filter, but it doesn't say it's an Only Ford item. I've been yelled at so many times about using Fram Filters, it's not funny anymore. So I guess I'll check out the Wix units.

I've read every "Fram Failure" write-up out there. But Honestly, I've used Fram PH8A's on my red Z for 7 years and NEVER had a problem. A filter is NOT a Filter if it doesn't do it's job but I've personally not had an issue thus far.

I'll try the WIX or Napa Gold and see if there is a difference. Not likely but I'll try anything once, twice if I like it.....

Finally your switching filters, now I have to find something else to give you crap about. ROFL