IGNORED

1980 280ZX on PAWN STARS

This episode may have been on earlier, but I have yet to see it. It'll be shown at 12:30am EST on one of the History Channels. The synopsis says a 1980 Datsun 280ZX 10th Anniversary Edition, will be one of the subjects of the show.

Just watched it. Was for some reason a limited run of 3000, I thought all of the 1980 cars were 10th anniversary. Maybe it's the badging, don't know. The owner had repainted badly and the thing was barely running. He tried to claim it was worth $50-$60K. They ended up having a mechanic look at it and he said the auto trans was slipping and it had a bad exhaust leak in addition to the barely running part. They had offered the guy $4K for it but pulled out after checking it out a little further. I can't believe they actually offered him $4K. That is a parts car at best. I never did have much love for the S130, but that thing was a serious POS.

Edited by jmortensen

I watched it last night. Pawn Stars is one of my favorite shows. I couldn't beleive the offered the guy $4K. He wanted $16 and said that restored it would be worth $60!! haha. It was backfiring and had a miss. It was running like it had heat soak!!

• 5 months later...

It was a $2000 car MAX with that crappy paintjob and poor overall mechanical condition. I laughed at the owner's price and then laughed harder at Rick's $4k offer. The only smart one was the guy who test drove it. That episode is very old. It originally aired over a year ago.