IGNORED

Saw Another 240Z Today!

Oiluj

Was at the boat yard and a green 73' Z parked near the chandlery.

When the owner returned, we chatted for a bit. Very nice guy.

The car needs new bumpers and a new interior. but the suspension & engine have been redone. It has an L28 w/ SU's that sounded really nice. Seemed like a very solid car.

Told the owner about this site and suggested he check it out.

we are still fortunate to see a few here and there in California. Most of the people I have ran into with any S30 variant still see them as basic transportation =(

Guess I care to much about them. In my little town I can count up 8 240'z, of which 4 are running, the other 4 yard art.

Yep, probably more old Z's out here than most other states. I've seen four different 240Z's in my city alone.

After buying mine, I found out my next door neighbor is original owner of a 72 automatic she still has in her garage and drives on an infrequent basis!

There is even a shop about 2 miles from my house called "Datsonville" that's been here longer than me, (20 years). Kind Cool.

Yep, probably more old Z's out here than most other states. I've seen four different 240Z's in my city alone.

After buying mine, I found out my next door neighbor is original owner of a 72 automatic she still has in her garage and drives on an infrequent basis!

There is even a shop about 2 miles from my house called "Datsonville" that's been here longer than me, (20 years). Kind Cool.

Honza at Datsonville is a really nice guy. He serviced my Z before, and did an awesome job. They have two shop Zs as well, I think one is his personal V8 conversion.

Hardly any around here in town, and the few that I've seen were total beaters. I know there are a few other Austin members with nice cars, and I know their cars aren't the ones I've seen. From what I've seen of the local Z club, it's almost exclusively later cars, which I admittedly have absolutely zero interest in whatsoever.

It was kinda cool at first having people come talk to me about it randomly... all... the... time.

Sometimes it can get a little annoying. Every other time I go to the mall with my Z, I return to find some guy's business card jammed into the door frame with a "will you sell?" message scrawled on the back.

The more I think about it, the more that bothers me - if I'm in your neighborhood, and I like your house, do I come pounding on your door and asking you to sell? No! If I were selling, I would be pretty bad at it if I were just waiting for some random guy to lowball me in the mall parking lot.

Something else that happens occasionally is a bunch of older gents will come around while I'm pumping gas, and we have a good talk. The story is usually the same: "I had one of these in college, and I loved it. My wife got pregnant, and she made me sell it." I've often heard them then express this as being their "biggest regret," no foolin'.

The small crowd sometimes leads to some young ricer kid pulling up in his Prelude or Civic asking to race. No thanks!

What else would you expect with a car with so much history? That's why most of us buy these cars. At least the attention isn't "WOW your a baller who can afford a Ferrari, but live in an apartment!"... It's more like.. "wow this guy has taste."

I think that's a complement =P

But yea, no go on the ricers.

There are definitely quite a few here in SoCal. I was driving my father-in-law home last Sunday and saw a silver 240 that looked almost exactly like mine, just two miles from my house. The only thing different was the rims. Same faded silver, same bumpers, same side moulding. Was eager to get back home to make sure it really wasn't mine.

Also, neighbor right behind me has 280 Turbo that sits under a tarp most of time. I have my eye on that motor.

Z's are kind of like VW's in that everyone has a story involving them, or at least most of the people who were alive in the 70's-80's. I spotted another one yesterday in town (in a field next to a questionable body shop) 72 from the looks of it. That makes 9 240's in a town of 30,000 that I can easily find, of which one is rusted far enough to be a lost cause. The rest are pretty good.

I was out driving the other night and I noticed someone keeping pace along side of me, so I turned to look and it was a guy in a Jeep asking if mine used to be white. Said he had one setup like mine but was white years ago. Although mine started out gold. I love this car.