IGNORED

MSA vs. BD carpets

Reverend

So i need new carpets for my 72 and i need them to be good. I've tried ordering from Black Dragon but never succeeded, international orders seem to take forever. Ive ordered from Msa 2 times succesfully. The question is: Are the carpets similar quality? I'd love to order from MSA as it has been so painless but i have to consider other options as well.

I need those carpets quick, summer is getting closer and closer..Driving season aint long here in Scandinavia.

I just got a set of carpets for my 240z from MSA. I am very happy with them. They have a layer of padding attached to the underside and seem to be a good quality. The edges are bound and the carpet pile itself looks and feels good. I don't know what the ones from Black Dragon are like so I can't compare.

carl

I got my carpet from Black Dragon and it fits great, looks great and service from BD was great as well. My experience with MSA has not been that great as far as orders being shipped promptly,items shipped being in good condition and a lack of communication when a part is not in stock. I do think MSA has more Nissan parts and possibly better quality reproduction parts in some cases than BD. My ordering experience and quality of parts from BD have been very good.

I custom ordered a set from MSA in December. I had them make the Loop Style with no logo. They look awesome. They look just like my originals except new. It took a couple of weeks since they were not something that they had in stock but it was worth the wait.

I think that the loop carpet is more like original auto carpet and the cut pile is more like carpet inside your home. I am not sure how to answer the weight question. They are a good weight. Not flimsy or too lightweight. Not sure how much they weigh in terms of pounds or kilograms.

carl

• 2 weeks later...

Cut pile is more of a modern style of carpet. Loop is what was original to 240Z and 260Z. I can't speak of the 280Z since I have never owned one that had original carpet. I know my 260Z had loop pile originally, but I will be replacing it with cut pile. I bought cut pile from a place the sells carpet on Ebay. It's pretty thin and cheap feeling. I was hoping for something more robust. I can't afford to buy carpet from every vendor to compare them :disappoin