IGNORED

RB conversion parts 4 sale

Cuong Nguyen

Hi Cuong,

I have bits to build an RB that will really GO!

Brand new, never used, stress free, & all machined RB30 block direct from Nissan Japan, $450.

RB25DET head with cams, coils, covers, ex-manifold, modified (top half only) intake manifold for front mount throttle body, etc (no turbo), $900.

Complete second hand RB30 bottom end with crank, rods, sump, etc, $200.

E-me if you or anyone else is interested, I have pics.

Nick.

• 5 months later...

On the wiring up question, the easiest way is to use an aftermarket ECU and wire it up according to instructions. Things that are controlled by the ECU like injectors, ignition, fuel pumps, etc. You need a basic knowledge of car electrics, a few tools and a bit of patience. Doing a separate sub-loom with a fuse box is simplest rather than trying to work it in with the original loom.

And don't forget to make up a simple wiring diagram of what you do so that you can refer to it some time in the future if you need to.

The rest of the electrics is handled by the original wiring loom eg starter, alternator, etc.

If you can't run the stock ECU.....

SDS and MegaSquirt sell excellent stand alone fuel management systems... which when tuned right...

WILL KICK SOME arse!

Cuong... Would you be able to PM me on a good estimate on what this conversion would cost just about?

I am really interested in an RB swap, however, I have heard swaps ranging from $7,000 to $13,000. So if you would be able to let me know, I would be greatful!

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Guys,

reviving an old thread BUT...

I am interested to see if there is any demand at the moment for an RB20/25/30 mounting kit for 240Z/260Z in Australia.

These include:

Custom engine mounts (suitable for all RB)

Custom RB25DET gearbox crossmember suited to 240Z/260Z

NEW 200ZR oil pan, windage tray and pick up (very hard to source and expensive)

200ZR engine mounts work but have been found to sit the engine not in an ideal location. Custom sumps I have seen and quoted cost around $700 for a decent quality such as www.highenergy.com.au and I often prefer to use OEM designs anyway. CRS do one for $500 exchange, but I have posted photos of it before and would not use it on my car, you can decide for yourself.

These will cost about $950AUD to assemble as there is fabrication and overseas parts sourcing and shipping to contend with. The major bonus I feel is for those who dont wish to fabricate their own parts, you can now fit the engine at home. It also saves on an experimental fabrication by yourself or your chosen workshop as it will be tested and used on my car and removes the time and expense of trial and error as well use using a proven OEM designed sump. Working in the OEM I know what sort of testing and design validation must be performed on every part, I am not sure if your local metal worker can vouch for the same.

Reply here if interested, no need for PM.

I am in Japan at the moment so if there is interest the kit should be available by January/February.

I'm interested as well. I'd like to hear more critical info about it. I.E. where the motor would sit (weight dist/balance), hood clearance, tranny shifter alignment (inside the old hole in the tunnel?), ect. Please let me know. I have a 72 240z.

Jay

• 3 weeks later...