IGNORED

New to Z Cars

My girlfriend just bought me my first Z.

A little history on it:

I'm the third owner. Person before me had it for over 25 years.

1972 240z

Built bottom end. He used to have a built head to match, but now has a stock rebuilt about 9 years old.

Electronic Fuel Pump

Mallory ignition

Triple Weber 45 DCOEs

6-1 header

Thicker radiator

280z rear end and 5 speed tranny

And the interior is all still there in descent condition.

No rust and descent paint (chips and a crack).

I'm loving the car so far except the ignition switch kept getting stuck and I couldn't turn it off or on for minutes at a time. I got a used one and replaced it. Worked great! Now my starter went bad on me.

Also the car seems to be running rich so I tried tuning it. Mind you, this is my first experience with carbs of any sort so I used the colortune tool. Also, I can't seem to get the idle just right, but I'll have to play with that after the new starter.

Now about me. I'm a Nissan guy and have always loved them. I can't wait to be part of your community and share in the wealth of knowledge found in your forum.

Any directions as to proper reading material I should purchase or tools or tips or anything would be greatly appreciated!

Nice to meet you all.

Tyler

Hi, Tyler. Sounds like you've got a nice ride and a VERY nice girlfriend. <sigh>

The very first thing you need to do is get a Field Service Manual. If you'll use the "search" function, you'll find a link where you can download it for free. You'll not find anything in the manual on Webers, however, but there are several folks here who know them pretty well, so there's no lack of information in that regard.

Good luck with the car. And as for your girlfriend, she's a keeper.

Agreed, keep the Broad :D. We should all be so lucky :) . 45 carbs and header with the other stuff. . WHAT A SCORE ! ! Glad to have you here, theres plenty of information here and members knowledgeable in carbs to help you get your Z running. Post some pics.

Edited by WingZr0

My girlfriend just bought me my first Z.

A little history on it:

I'm the third owner. Person before me had it for over 25 years.

1972 240z

Built bottom end. He used to have a built head to match, but now has a stock rebuilt about 9 years old.

Electronic Fuel Pump

Mallory ignition

Triple Weber 45 DCOEs

6-1 header

Thicker radiator

280z rear end and 5 speed tranny

And the interior is all still there in descent condition.

No rust and descent paint (chips and a crack).

I'm loving the car so far except the ignition switch kept getting stuck and I couldn't turn it off or on for minutes at a time. I got a used one and replaced it. Worked great! Now my starter went bad on me.

Also the car seems to be running rich so I tried tuning it. Mind you, this is my first experience with carbs of any sort so I used the colortune tool. Also, I can't seem to get the idle just right, but I'll have to play with that after the new starter.

Now about me. I'm a Nissan guy and have always loved them. I can't wait to be part of your community and share in the wealth of knowledge found in your forum.

Any directions as to proper reading material I should purchase or tools or tips or anything would be greatly appreciated!

Nice to meet you all.

Tyler

Congratulations on the 240 sorry I cannot help with the weber's but I believe the fuel mixture on these is handled with jets sizes. But others here will chime in and help if you start a thread asking for help with triple weber s.

enjoy the ride your going to become adicted and there is no cure. LOL

Gary

Marry that girl LOL ! No Seriously, if thats the kind of car she buys you you've got no time to get to the store and get a ring. Take some dental floss, rope or something and lock it down fore someone else beats you ROFL .

Yeah, she sounds like a winner! My wife just recently bought me a brand new Ducati Streetfighter for my birthday, and now she is letting me fix up my old Z...I'm never letting her get away...

You need to stop her from getting away RIGHT NOW...