IGNORED

Points sets to keep your Z with original Distributor set up....

richard1

I have been wizz off with my regular Napa store and furthermore it was the Napa warehouse in Las Vegas for problem related to being charged for a single point set in a box when there is supposed to be two in a box for A/T set ups.

The manager was barely able to speak english and after I called back a week later, he just told me to forgot orders from Standard Brand products for my 72 240 Z.

Yeah, it is quite an insult for Napa having quite a distributor in my region with no will to find why Standard in Virginia confirmed every JP7p-2 always come in a set of two in each boxes.

These people are so stupid and Standard brand no taking care of the problem that I switched to Worldpack with better ignition point sets at a better price since I have to change them at every 300 miles

The product code is 22145-A5500 and manufactured in Japan

These people are so stupid and Standard brand no taking care of the problem that I switched to Worldpack with better ignition point sets at a better price since I have to change them at every 300 miles

Why do you have to change you points at every 300 miles? That seems excessive. The maintenance schedule in the service manual says just to check them every 3,000 miles.

-Mike

I'm with Mike, the last set I removed had over 6000 miles on 'em, and still pretty good shape. I'll keep them as spares. I don't know why you should need to change them so often.

First, check the dwell on the points. As Mike wrote, 300 miles is too short of time for points to wear out.

Second, consider using Rockauto for parts when possible. I have been very satisfied with them.

First, check the dwell on the points. As Mike wrote, 300 miles is too short of time for points to wear out.

Second, consider using Rockauto for parts when possible. I have been very satisfied with them.

Rock Auto parts are garbage as Standard Red Box brand and furthermore they don't even know what they are selling: The come from Standard as two in the box and now they are packaged as only one at $11.00/piece.

The Worldpack set is designed as a full contact without a hole in the middle.

I'm coming up on 6000 miles and never thought about the points deteriorating that fast. Something I will check out at the next oil change. Running without a ballast resistor will shorten the life of a set of points real quick also.

Bonzi Lon