IGNORED

CA Blue License Plate Restore

spitz17

I've restored black and yellow plates before for my Mustang. I'll see if I can find the yellow paint I used and get back to you. It matched perfectly. As far as the blue, I would try another paint shop and have them match it and mix up a spray can for you. When I did mine, I chemically stripped off all the originally paint so all I had was a steel. Then primed and painted the black. After that, I hand did the numbers. Wasn't that hard to do and they came out great and a lot cheaper than $200!

Bob

Here in Fla., we can use a year-correct plate on any car over 25 yrs. old. It needs to be sent to the capital (DMV) for validation, but when it comes back, it's yours for as long as you own the car. It cannot be restored when sent for validation, but I believe after it's on your car, that is OK. I have one on my 71 and just recently repainted it. I have not had any police problems.

I've restored black and yellow plates before for my Mustang. I'll see if I can find the yellow paint I used and get back to you. It matched perfectly. As far as the blue, I would try another paint shop and have them match it and mix up a spray can for you. When I did mine, I chemically stripped off all the originally paint so all I had was a steel. Then primed and painted the black. After that, I hand did the numbers. Wasn't that hard to do and they came out great and a lot cheaper than $200!

Bob

Bob,

Any information on the paint would be awesome! I may stop by a paint shop today and try to get a mixture.

Thanks!

spitz17

OK. The guy lives in NM now Willie. 505-832-9810 daddyodesigns.com is his website. He will do the custom lettering but needs to receive the plates with the blue paint on. He suggests finding a rattle can automotive blue that is close. $150 a set.

OK. The guy lives in NM now Willie. 505-832-9810 daddyodesigns.com is his website. He will do the custom lettering but needs to receive the plates with the blue paint on. He suggests finding a rattle can automotive blue that is close. $150 a set.

Randy,

Thanks for your help. I will try and get in contact with him and look at his site as well.