Collectors Alert - could be worth checking out - Page 2 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Collectors Alert - could be worth checking out

Featured Replies

I agree. It only takes 10 minutes to roll a car outside the garage and take a few pics in sunlight... That he doesn't want to take it outside for photos sounds very fishy to me...

Would make a nice pair for Diseazd's green meany... :laugh:

Ok ye people of "half empty glasses" do you really think a 39 yr old battery would still be in working order. It was probably taken out for storage and kept for originality and the "red top" bought to help awaken the Z from its slumber. Just because the red top is in the picture, doesn't mean the other isn't available. (for show purposes of course) :rolleyes:

I know a 1932 ford coup V8 with all the parts it had in 1932 including the working battery. It sits in a special underground car vault to store cars in working order. So you never know what you may find, even if the ad is a little exaggerated if I lived in the area I'd look, if it didn't have the exaggerations I'd fly-out to look.

  • Author
I know a 1932 ford coup V8 with all the parts it had in 1932 including the working battery. It sits in a special underground car vault to store cars in working order. So you never know what you may find, even if the ad is a little exaggerated if I lived in the area I'd look, if it didn't have the exaggerations I'd fly-out to look.

And what exaggerations would those be? :confused:

And what exaggerations would those be? :confused:

Not you but the ad stating original battery, of course it could be on the side of the car, but it hints the ad has exaggeration in it.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
I already have too many Z's....

Mike

Not possible...;)

  • Author

So, what good is it to have all you nice Z folk up there in the Northwest if we can't get anyone to go check out this car and report back with your findings! :cry:

I know the ad says "no tire kickers" but come on, use your imagination, LIE..... do something to get the real poop on this Z ;)

(more pics would be nice also)

I am in the process of making an offer on the car contingent on it checking out. If he accepts my offer, "probably not", I plan to fly out and inspect it. If it gets that far I guess it will be too late to post the results of the inspection. jlp

So, what good is it to have all you nice Z folk up there in the Northwest if we can't get anyone to go check out this car and report back with your findings! :cry:

I know the ad says "no tire kickers" but come on, use your imagination, LIE..... do something to get the real poop on this Z ;)

(more pics would be nice also)

So, what good is it to have all you nice Z folk up there in the Northwest if we can't get anyone to go check out this car and report back with your findings! :cry:

I know the ad says "no tire kickers" but come on, use your imagination, LIE..... do something to get the real poop on this Z ;)

(more pics would be nice also)

Well, I offered to go look at it in post #11 if anyone was seriously interested, but no one contacted me. I don't have a desire to waste my time or the seller's, just to take more pictures to post here.

-Mike

I probably don't really want to know. I still think I'd rather have a 919 yellow 240Z, but really don't think I should be pursuing that right now...

  • 3 months later...
I am in the process of making an offer on the car contingent on it checking out. If he accepts my offer, "probably not", I plan to fly out and inspect it. If it gets that far I guess it will be too late to post the results of the inspection. jlp

It's back on craigslist again http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/1809840757.html. So Jerry, I guess you never ended up coming out to inspect it. Was the seller firm on the $19,500 price?

-Mike

71 240 for only $1.28 per mile!

Actually, using moonpup's per mile price in the first post, it must have been listed for $25k the first time, so it is on sale now! Down to just $1.00 per mile!

-Mike

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.