IGNORED

How many ZZZAP 280Z cars were made?

esprist

The Black Pearl metalic paint was an option that you had to pay an additional $90.00 for. That wasn't the case for 411 Starburst Yellow, was it? 411 Starburst Yellow was also used on other models. It was not a color exclusive to the ZZZAP marketed package, whereas the Black Pearl metalic paint was. Have I got that right?

The Black Pearl metalic paint was an option that you had to pay an additional $90.00 for. That wasn't the case for 411 Starburst Yellow, was it? 411 Starburst Yellow was also used on other models. It was not a color exclusive to the ZZZAP marketed package, whereas the Black Pearl metalic paint was. Have I got that right?

Ron, that's the way I understand it. Does anyone have a scan of a ZZZap window sticker?

Edited by sblake01

Read this ad carefully. It's just an ad that announces the 1977 280Z not the actual ZZZap car. I.E. "To this year's Z, in both its two-passenger and four-passenger versions, we've added functiontional hood louvers, a 5-speed option, etc". That refers to the whole line, not just the ZZZap unless anyone knows of a 2+2 ZZZap:

se7hfk.jpg

It just seems inconceivable that anyone would pay extra in order to get a yellow car. I like the color, but not that much. Also, the overwhelming abundance of 411 Starburst Yellow cars makes it seem unlikely, that so many people would have payed extra for it. I could be wrong, but it would take an elusive window sticker to prove it to me. It is a different thing though if you wanted the SAP also. In that case I would pay extra for the 411 Starburst Yellow as a part of the package. The 638 Black Pearl paint was in itself somewhat special though even if the SAP wasn't ordered and a "saleable" option. Just my opinion.

PS - esprist, this low milage 411 Starburst Yellow example was for sale here local to me last year, but the seller took it off the market when he could not get his price. I think he wanted $10,000 at the time.

Edited by geezer

It just seems inconceivable that anyone would pay extra in order to get a yellow car. I like the color, but not that much. Also, the overwhelming abundance of 411 Starburst Yellow cars makes it seem unlikely, that so many people would have payed extra for it. I could be wrong, but it would take an elusive window sticker to prove it to me. It is a different thing though if you wanted the SAP also. In that case I would pay extra for the 411 Starburst Yellow as a part of the package. The 638 Black Pearl paint was in itself somewhat special though even if the SAP wasn't ordered and a "saleable" option. Just my opinion.

PS - esprist, this low milage 411 Starburst Yellow example was for sale here local to me last year, but the seller took it off the market when he could not get his price. I think he wanted $10,000 at the time.

Thank you for your info! Yes, window sticker will help us identify the spec and car much clearly.

If it is clean $10,000 is not bad at all. Imagine restoring one of these will cost 35-45K easily.

Thank you for your info! Yes, window sticker will help us identify the spec and car much clearly.

If it is clean $10,000 is not bad at all. Imagine restoring one of these will cost 35-45K easily.

That car is an unrestored survivor and was given to the seller as partial payment for work done on the advertizing campaign for Nissan of the USA. That is the story given to me by the seller. He in turn gave it to his father as a gift in 1977 and his father treasured and babied it until his death. The seller then kept it stored in his hangar until offering it for sale last year. I have many more pictures of it. If I remember correctly, it did not have A/C.

• 3 weeks later...
I wonder how many ZZZAP 280Z cars were made?

A friend of mine is looking to get one.........

Is is basically a 280Z? except for the louver, paint code 411 with decals?

If you, if the decals are gone, it is not worth it?

Where can I find a very clean car for sale?

Any expert?ROFL

You might check this one out.....

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/1651201134.html

• 2 years later...