IGNORED

How many ZZZAP 280Z cars were made?

esprist

I wonder how many ZZZAP 280Z cars were made?

A friend of mine is looking to get one.........

Is is basically a 280Z? except for the louver, paint code 411 with decals?

If you, if the decals are gone, it is not worth it?

Where can I find a very clean car for sale?

Any expert?ROFL

Edited by esprist

They sort of turn up when they do bro. Just have to keep looking. IMO if you find one without the decals buy it, at least the vin will match to a ZZAP Z and the paint code and decals you can always replicate. Believe theres a thread some where discussing a person who did the Black Pearl decals, they might can do the ZAP also.

Edited by WingZr0

IMO if you find without the decals buy it, at least the vin will match to a ZZAP Z....
You need to re-think your opinion. The VIN won't tell you anything except that it's a 77. There are no 'ZZAPZ VIN numbers' just like there are no 'Black Pearl VIN numbers'. There were yellow 77s sold w/o the decals. The louver was a dealer option for any of them regardless of color. Edited by sblake01

You need to re-think your opinion. The VIN won't tell you anything except that it's a 77. There are no 'ZZAPZ VIN numbers' just like there are no 'Black Pearl VIN numbers'. There were yellow 77s sold w/o the decals. The louver was a dealer option for any of them regardless of color.
My bad, I assumed they were all at least made in a single batch or sequential order.
Yep. I finally conceded to Carl Beck that all factory painted code 638 1978 280Zs are Black Pearls with or without the SAP but the same can't be said for factory painted code 411 1977 280Zs.
You saying all Black Pearls could come either with or without the graphics then correct?

You saying all Black Pearls could come either with or without the graphics then correct?
They were made with and without the SAP which consisted of dual mirrors, rear window louvers, and the grapnics.

whitk8.jpg

2daeptf.jpg

(Thanks, Carl Beck, for the scans)

Edited by sblake01

To get back on topic, esprsit, here's a quote from zhome.com:

For The 1977 Model Year 280Z, Datsun Offered A Special Decor Package That Added A Little More ZZZap , To The Now Eight Year Old First Generation Z Car. Offered as an option, only on Bright Sunburst Yellow paint code 411 280Z's, the Special Decor Package included rear window shade, racing mirrors and decal package. The Z with more ZZZap! has commonly become know as The ZZZap-Z. The exact number delivered to Datsun Customers is not known, although it is likely that each Authorized Datsun Dealer in the U.S. received at least one, with volume Dealerships receiving additional units.