IGNORED

Rust Bullet.... How many Quarts?

Ronaldo1973

Hey guys, Am planning to use Rust bullet on my entire 240z, that would include the interior, exterios, under the hood and under the car, possibly every where will be covered with rust bullet ,primed then top coated, so here is the question, "How many Quarts /or Gallons of Rust Bullet are Needed?"

PS: This is one shot order, since I won't be able to order these material again (due to shipping issues) so I do not want to order huge quantity,, just enough to cover my car !

Thanks

you might want to talk to your supplier and see if they have a recommendation. it all depends on how many coats you are planning to apply (and from what I am reading, shooting it through a gun can be a bit tricky)

Updates:

After contacting the representative, He suggested buying 4 quarts of Rust Bullet, and 2 Quarts of Blackshell (for under the car)

So I ordered 5 quarts of Rust Bullet and 2 Quarts Blackshell, If someone thinks this is not enough, please say so!

it's really going to depend on how you are shooting it (or if you are going to brush it on). Are you stripping the car first (soda, media, chemical)? be sure your starting surface is as clean and dry as possible, and if you spray, make sure your air is as dry as you can get it.

I hope you get the results you are looking for. I would be hesitant to do the entire car with that type of stuff, but that's just me

You need to really think this one over a bit before you commit a bunch of time and $$ to a paint job sitting on top of this stuff. There have been a number of these "rust proof" coatings that folks have applied over the years that have lifted off and pocked the surface of the paint!

I experienced this my self on a Z I used to own with some real early POR and again with another product from Eastwood only to end up with a strip and sand. Todays paint is more of a "System" whereby the painter starts with an acid sealer and etching primer and then works his way out to the final top coat. The system (and all paint mfg cos. have one) components are engineered to work with and compliment each other.

Do some more research, ask more questions and check to see if there are compatibility issues with Rust Bullet and the Mfr of your desired paint (e.g. PPG, Dupont, Sherwin Williams....).

IMO - I would say DO NOT use these coatings, but rather locate a paint shop that will prepare the surface and apply the proper sealers and primers that will give you the protection you desire and provide a base for a beautiful, slick top coat. You will not be disappointed.