IGNORED

240z wheel size

OniZ

I know I should use the search function but I'm pressed for time at the moment so I can't. I plan on putting 16's on my Z however I'm unsure of the best offsets to run I have and idea for the front I know a fellow z owner with 16s on his car but the rear I'm not sure. I'm going to run a 16x10 (yea I know) but don't know about an offset. the offset I've seen for a 16x9 is -19 so I'd figure its somewhere in that range. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Realize that offset changes with rim width, that is why I like to use backspacing. The available space with depend if you are using coil-overs or not. With coil-overs a 10" wide wheel could use a -13mm offset. With stock struts you would need a -38mm offset.

I know I should use the search function but I'm pressed for time at the moment so I can't. I plan on putting 16's on my Z however I'm unsure of the best offsets to run I have and idea for the front I know a fellow z owner with 16s on his car but the rear I'm not sure. I'm going to run a 16x10 (yea I know) but don't know about an offset. the offset I've seen for a 16x9 is -19 so I'd figure its somewhere in that range. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I agree Hybrid Z will be your best bet for that info. A quick tip to get the back spacing right to mount early 90's Honda wheels you needed a 1/4" spacer if you let the people that make your rims know they should use that to get the proper backspacing. I'd recommend using a 15" rim you will get a nicer ride a 16 may make it a little rough, and go with a 7" wide unless you plan to put on fender skirts otherwise the tires stick way out.

I can't remember but I believe I found this graphic on HybridZ in the wheel show thread, I constantly refer back to it. It has been immensely helpful

8" width with 0 offset is about the limit on stock size coil springs. In other words, 4.5" backspace is about the limit. 225/50R16 seems to be the standard tire for 16x8. Seems like some rub on the front valance, some don't. Some need to roll the fenders, some don't

I have read if you're running the 2.5" coilovers, you can manage 5" backspace. hope this helps

DISCLAIMER: This is going purely on memory from tons of reading on hybridZ. The best way to test is by measuring your clearances

post-18904-14150809500916_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...

OniZ, just out of curiousity, how much torque are you putting to the rear wheels? Unless the 10's are for aesthetic purposes they are probably not neccessary for handeling, and you'll lose your ability to oversteer. Not sure if that matters to you, but its one of the things that I am considering before I select my wheel size.

70 cam guy what size wheels and offset are you running, your stance looks good. Have you any suspension work? What bits?

Rota RB-R 16x8 +4mm offset, 205/40/16 w/ Ground Control Coil Overs...

Just a guess =P But I'll let Andy confirm haha...

Thanks Zeelander, I've got a fair amount of work in my suspension at this point, though not as much as some. You can see my build in this post

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39590

I converted to coilovers and sectioned the struts though I kept my insulators (slightly modified). What I have now is natural camber. When I revisit the suspension, I'd like to do adjustable control arms fr and rr and tension rods for some better alignment adjustment

Thanks Glenn, you're right about the wheels but my tires are 205/50/16. They're General Exclaim UHP's, I love them so far

:beer: