IGNORED

Need some help...

Sparx Macgyver

I am...picked it up earlier today...

And I get to go buy a few more wrenches tomorrow. I"m so drastically lacking on tools it's not even remotely funny. Thanks, Bonzi. With luck, and a decent break in rain, I can put the slave on today, and get that all bled out and test it.

Edited by Sparx Macgyver

I am...picked it up earlier today...

And I get to go buy a few more wrenches tomorrow. I"m so drastically lacking on tools it's not even remotely funny. Thanks, Bonzi. With luck, and a decent break in rain, I can put the slave on today, and get that all bled out and test it.

Speaking of tools, I happened across a set of these Flare Nut Wrenches during a visit to Harbor Freight Tools. I was particularly attracted to the "Fat" head on the 10mm, especially since the break lines on the Z are so soft. I picked up a set and I have been very happy since. Here is a link for anyone who is interested...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=99993

Edited by ZCurves

It was a 17mm I needed.

I replaced the slave, bled, nothing. No clutch. Plenty of pedal presure, but nothing going on because I can't put it in gear.

I love my buddy he's a genious. While I went up to ym apt to grab a couple of sold cokes, he decided to place the car in reverse while it was off, and start it to see if it would go.

Well it did..

and with the drivers door open, it went right into the pole that holds up the parking stall cover/overhang. Pulled the door completely backwards. I closed it, although the top is slightly not closed all the way.

Now what do I do?

I'm kinda wanting to sell it, simply because I don't have money to keep pouring into it. I really don't. Work is cutting hours, and so I just need to cut back on some stuff, and well, this is one of the things to get booted. :( If anybody wants it, I'll give a way better price than what I paid..

Edited by Sparx Macgyver

Aw man that really sucks. That is definitely not the kind of "genious" you need helping you work on your car. I hope you withheld the beer you brought down for him and chugged it yourself to help you calm down. Buddy or not, I think I would would have lost it.

Oh I did. Due to my brother being on parole, we don't have beer around, so Coc0-cola is what we get.

But, I did lose my mind for a time. I was just going nuts over that. Pics will be forth coming tomorrow.Looking at it now (well, earlier this evening), it doesn't look as bad as I though. Doors can be replaced. No frame damage, just a bit of fender denting. Hopefully nothing else is screwed up.

And, any ideas on the clutch? I bled them, and nothing still. new master and slave.

Ok. Look at the first pic I attached in Post 53 (below). If you replaced the Slave and bled it great! Did you replace the Clutch Master Cyl or the Break Master Cyl?? It was not clear in an earlier post. Assuming that you changed the Clutch Master Cyl, make sure that it has been bled. Have a different friend pump the Clutch while you look underneath and check for movement of the Clutch Fork.

The Hydraulic Clutch setup on a Z is pretty simple (first pic I attached in Post 53). Let us know what you find.

As for damaging your Z, that sucks and I am sorry for you. However, Don't get bummed out! Time passes and if it is possible to just stop for a while until things improve for you, then I would encourage you to keep the Z. You don't have to post pics, that would be putting salt in your wound! Just concentrate on getting the clutch to work and finding another door.

Chin Up!

Ok. Look at the first pic I attached in Post 53 (below). If you replaced the Slave and bled it great! Did you replace the Clutch Master Cyl or the Break Master Cyl?? It was not clear in an earlier post. Assuming that you changed the Clutch Master Cyl, make sure that it has been bled. Have a different friend pump the Clutch while you look underneath and check for movement of the Clutch Fork.

The Hydraulic Clutch setup on a Z is pretty simple (first pic I attached in Post 53). Let us know what you find.

As for damaging your Z, that sucks and I am sorry for you. However, Don't get bummed out! Time passes and if it is possible to just stop for a while until things improve for you, then I would encourage you to keep the Z. You don't have to post pics, that would be putting salt in your wound! Just concentrate on getting the clutch to work and finding another door.

Chin Up!

I agree take your time;)

Man, I wish y'all lived allot closer to me.

Anybody have an extra 2+2 drivers side door? :D

From what my so-called good friend (aka the car wrecker) said, the motor and transmission pull nicely. I'm gonna have to take his word for it, after looking at the door...

Tomorrow, I'll go look. On the off chance it doesn't move, what would be a general area to go from there?

I'm trying to be patient, but I also can only hold car for time longer. And if I must sell it, I'd rather sell her to you guys than to pick-a-part..

Edited by Sparx Macgyver