IGNORED

Pay it forward!!!

Marty Rogan

hey folks, sorry for the delay in getting shipping costs sorted out - i've been swamped with kids graduating and family in town (not to mention replacing the head, intake and exhaust on my z...)

i will get on it so these parts can start finding new homes.

• 3 weeks later...

Not exactly hot items but I'll end pitching them otherwise. My old booster. The booster was bad, but kinda functioned, could likely be rebuilt. And I have one original tokico wheel cylinder it needs rebuilt but if your restoring a car and want an original for some reason you can have it. I also have a rusted out cowl panel if anybody wants it for some reason. Its junk but, I figured before I pitched it.

• 2 months later...

found homes for the bumpers, louvers and dome light - the rest is still up for grabs...

a few more bits to add to the collection:

• exhaust manifold
  • exhaust downpipe heat shields
  • intake manifold & other heat shields (full set)

love to get this stuff gone - anyone??

post-30163-14150830281696_thumb.jpg

post-30163-14150830282433_thumb.jpg

Not exactly hot items but I'll end pitching them otherwise. My old booster. The booster was bad, but kinda functioned, could likely be rebuilt. And I have one original tokico wheel cylinder it needs rebuilt but if your restoring a car and want an original for some reason you can have it. I also have a rusted out cowl panel if anybody wants it for some reason. Its junk but, I figured before I pitched it.

Took all my old brake parts along with some other stuff to a local auto parts store so they could be sent in for cores, which works out nicely as I couldn't bare to just toss 40 year old parts, now they will be rebuilt and return to other z cars.

2SixT, that's very good karma!

Interesting thing about the brake boosters... Although a parts remanufacturer might be able to rebuild an old booster, it's probably not something that WE can do ourselves. I remember back in 1983'ish when I disassembled a slightly leaky brake booster in my '75 280Z, carefully following the information laid out in the factory service manual. After I identified the parts that needed replacing, I went to the local Datsun dealer to put those parts on order. NO internal parts were available, and they told me I wasn't supposed to open the can to service the internals. I shamed them into selling me a replacement booster at cost, because my old booster wasn't really all that bad, and I wouldn't have disassembled it had I known I was essentially destroying it, and the official Nissan manual indicated I could accomplish what I was trying to accomplish, were it not for a failure in parts support.

PS, Rossiz, my new(to-me) bumpers have begun their cross-country journey. Thanks so much!

PPS, An idea for woodworkers out there: Strip the squishy, squirmy rubber off the steering wheel, and create a genuine wooden steering wheel. Assemble the exotic hardwood pieces of your choice in two halves, and assemble over the frame with epoxy. Shape it, finish it, admire it. Do you shifter in the same wood. :) I already have an old wheel slated for this project. I have an idea for doing it in a silvery tiger maple to match the colors of my car. :cool:

Edited by FastWoman

...PS, Rossiz, my new(to-me) bumpers have begun their cross-country journey. Thanks so much!

i noticed the porch was empty when i got home last night - was hoping a z-restoratioin thief hadn't intervened!

PPS, An idea for woodworkers out there: Strip the squishy, squirmy rubber off the steering wheel, and create a genuine wooden steering wheel. Assemble the exotic hardwood pieces of your choice in two halves, and assemble over the frame with epoxy. Shape it, finish it, admire it. Do you shifter in the same wood. :) I already have an old wheel slated for this project. I have an idea for doing it in a silvery tiger maple to match the colors of my car. :cool:

i've got a squishy wheel to donate to this cause as well, maybe we can get a pool of folks who have replaced them (gotta be lots by now) and if someone were to make a CNC pattern they could bang out replacement wood surrounds in bulk and maybe sell a really cool item!

• 2 weeks later...

1972 Exhaust Manifold. Picked it up off a local for free, and I decided i'm just going to go the header route. Free for anyone who wants to pay for shipping. Emissions piping is cut/pinched off and inside the manifold some of the tips are ground down to the cast manifold. Collector has been modified to what looks like a 2 1/4" collector.

Vancouver Canada