IGNORED

Black ZZZZZZZ

studioti

Good morning all , this is a great thread as I will be repainting black in a very short time . When Joker72 lived out here on the west coast it was always his Z that stood out from the rest of the pack, and that was based on the paint , which I might add was several years old and still looked awesome ! When I told J72 I was going to change my color to another he replied with '' Black is the sexiest paint that you can have on a Z , nothing else compares '' . With due respect to all the other colors out there I agree with him totally . Bonzi Lon , if I where to change my color I would have gone to blue just like yours and saying that '' beauty is in the eye of the beholder '' and color is definitely a personal choice .

Yes it is true that the body work needs to be perfect but why wouldn't it be when you a doing a total paint job .

Have a great day

Chris

So when are we going to see the car on the road? I have been waiting patiently for yours and my old 2 door 510 as it will be done soon as well.

Hope all is well on the west coast...my newest Z is wrapped up for winter and I am slowly picking up goodies to finish her once spring arrives.

Cheers,

Chris

Hello in Toronto , I'm just jamming the doors this weekend and then the final body line work will be completed after that . I will trailer the Z down to the body shop for a dial in on the wedge clamp frame machine and then it will be time for paint to be laid down . As you know we do get winter out here so any road time won't start until after April at best .

Z you all later and I will post some pic's of my progress as it happens .

Chris '' aka Fuzze '' .

Sounds exciting....I will be doing body and paint on the grey one I just bought come spring. Hopefully you don't get the kind of winter we had last year as that was "freaky" the amount of snow we got.

I'm looking forward to seeing the progress as it not only shows me that another nice car will be on the road but it also gives me inspiration to keep working on mine.

Cheers Chris

Chris(joker72z)

Thanks Studioti... I really do regret selling that car but hopefull my current car will be every bit as nice if not better when I am done. The black car was #'s matching and had a tired engine where the new Z has a fully built L28 so I know it's going to be quicker and more fun to drive.

Whatever you choose to paint your car...enjoy it. Everyone has a different opinion and that is what makes us unique.....it would be pretty boring if every Z looked the same.

Chris

fuzze, I totally agree that 'color is a personal choice'. Having had the car for 32 years now, the love of a blue Z car has been permenantly imprinted on the brain. :D

On the other hand, when properly done in black (as mentioned, super straight, attention to detail etc..) it is a sight to behold. Like a 'liquid mirror'. Its all about the reflection. Look at the tree reflection in rewiredz first photo. Thats what I'm talking about. Well done.

Everyone that is painting, keep us updated with photos. We all need different colored Z's so we have the Easter egg effect at Z-car shows. :)

Bonzi Lon