IGNORED

24 months of intensive restoration, and I'm almost done.

blakt out

Yes Jared

A HUGE thumbs up on the resto. I too prefer the clean natural outside lines. I'm not much for the stick on body pieces. Like many other people salivating over your BAD arse rig, I too am restoring a 1972. I plan to keep mine carburetted 47mm OER triple side drafts. The old school look under the hood really appeals to me. Your machine will be a sleeper though. But I believe we can all tell by the dwelling in the background, you aren't strapped for cash. Please drive and look after her carefully. If you want to race, go where everyone else is racing "THE RACETRACK" not the street. You will have some challengers but do your best to resist the temptation to put them in their places. These cars are very nimble but don't offer much protection in the event of high speed impact. When you get it on the road take a long road trip in the early spring or early autumn. You will really appreciate the time, money, and effort spent. PEACE

2MUCHZ

That sounds like a really cool car. I like the old school look under the hood too, but that wasn't the direction for this car.

I gotta say, I don't get the connectoin between sentence #6 "The old school look under the hood really appeals to me."

to sentence #8 "But I believe we can all tell by the dwelling in the background, you aren't strapped for cash."

to the next few sentences..."Please drive and look after her carefully. If you want to race, go where everyone else is racing "THE RACETRACK" not the street. You will have some challengers but do your best to resist the temptation to put them in their places. These cars are very nimble but don't offer much protection in the event of high speed impact."

Is it, guys that have a bit of money are wreckless? No common sense? I'm definitely not offended, and appreciate your post. But I don't get it all. Where did my financial situation fit in this? Did I say anything like I'd be wreckless?

This is my 14th Z car. I've taken them apart and put them together by myself too. I just didn't on this one, because my goal for it, bluntly, is to have the nicest & yet most truly capable as a sports car 240Z on the planet. Whether or not I attained that goal, I have no idea, and that truly doesn't matter now. That was the direction I wanted all people involved working towards though.

I'm a track car driver. I have put down some pretty decent times at VIR, CMP, Road Atlanta... So I know where to go to have my fun. I have the enclosed trailer and all that. Don't worry about me.

This car started yesterday. First crank. Purred like a kitten. Today it's going to be on the dyno getting tuned. This is a 2100 lb or so car with around 380 (total guess) rear wheel horsepower and no electrical nannies. It's going to be a handful. I do plan to set up my own autocross track in a parking lot with no light poles. I'll learn the car and set up the suspension accordingly. I'll even possibly take it to the track after that just to see what kind of 7/10ths time I can put down in relation to my other times. Thanks much for all your posts.

BUT, one more thing, don't judge a man's wallet by his house or his toys... especially in these times. I'm an entrepreneur. I did well for a few years. Now, I'm figuring it all out again. I don't have a steady paycheck.

Edited by blakt out

No start up video, one of the guys grabbed the wrong camera when he was at home for lunch (i.e. the shop camera died last night, right before first start up. Thankfully, another camera was present, so we were able to get the video still. He'll upload it tonight when he's home).

However, a few pictures from current progress:

John finalizing the breather system...

DSCN0003.jpg

The custom coolant-overflow reservoir Chris designed...

DSCN0006.jpg

And of course, the feed line is -4AN...

DSCN0004.jpg

John designed a custom throttle cable bracket to relocate the path of the cable, out of the line of heat emanating from the turbine housing/downpipe...

DSCN0007.jpg

Here is the path of the throttle cable now; as you can see, it matches its curvature perfectly with the PCV line, it's rather easy on the eye...

DSCN0008.jpg

Two of the National Speed fabrication experts hard at it; Chris Polanski (President of National Speed, Inc. Stores) and John Faldzinski (one of our Performance Technicians)...

DSCN0009.jpg

She's wrapping up.

A few more shots of the work thus far, it's about 98% completed, Chris is finishing up the fabrication work this evening.

The valve cover breather...

Driver side of the engine (i.e. where the vacuum reference location is)...

DSCN0047.jpg

Passenger side of the engine (i.e. where the breather canister is mounted)...

DSCN0045.jpg

Zoomed out a bit...

DSCN0050.jpg

Arial shot of the engine bay as it sits now...

DSCN0056.jpg

I love this shot…

DSCN0059.jpg

DSCN0061.jpg

Jared,

It's looking great, I'm assuming it won't be at CC this weekend........:disappoin

If you get tired of breaking her in give me a call, I'll be happy to spell you..............:D

Take care buddy, hope to run into you soon. Tell Hinkle I said hello.

Randy

Jared, this is too much. the attention to details, and the effort of all involved are amazing. the shots of the engine bay, took my breath away. i offer this, for a long term way of recouping some of the money spent building this beautiful car. anytime it is at the track, offer rides for $20 to whatever the market will bear, for a chance to say, that i rode in the z owned by Jared. they will be lined up, with money in hand, and i know that i would be first in line. one or two laps around the track, drop them off, and take the next in line. you might be there all day.;) pictures extra ofcourse. hehe.

i can only dream of having something this nice, and being able to see it, and ride in it, would be priceless, and make a memory of a lifetime, for all z nuts.

Edited by sleepyzzz

Jared, this is too much. the attention to details, and the effort of all involved are amazing. the shots of the engine bay, took my breath away. i offer this, for a long term way of recouping some of the money spent building this beautiful car. anytime it is at the track, offer rides for $20 to whatever the market will bear, for a chance to say, that i rode in the z owned by Jared. they will be lined up, with money in hand, and i know that i would be first in line. one or two laps around the track, drop them off, and take the next in line. you might be there all day.;) pictures extra ofcourse. hehe.

i can only dream of having something this nice, and being able to see it, and ride in it, would be priceless, and make a memory of a lifetime, for all z nuts.

This is one of the coolest things anyone has ever posted about one of my builds. Thank you much. I am very, very appreciative of you. :beer:

Just some pics that I wanted to share during this suspenseful time (for me) in waiting on the dyno tuning in the next few days.

I hope you all enjoy them as much as I am.

DSCN0066.jpg

DSCN0071.jpg

Check the breather separator/canister…

DSCN0086.jpg

DSCN0073.jpg

The vacuum reference…

DSCN0072.jpg

Backside of the engine bay…

DSCN0074.jpg

The intake tube and breather/separator canister support bracket...

DSCN0076.jpg

So at the very least you need to take this beauty to the ZCCA convention in Nashville this July, perhaps the Mitty at Road Atlanta in April, and the ZDayZ - Tail of the Dragon event in May. Between these three events near you, your Z would be seen by close to a 1,000 Z fans and you will experience first hand their feelings.

I can't promise women will fall at your feet but you'll be swamped with requests for info, photos, praise and smiles. Keep track of the look in their faces as they come upon your Z and take that back home with you.