IGNORED

40th Anniversary Z Video

Zulaytr

Thanks for finding that video. I always love to see vintage Z footage. While I like the looks of the 370z, it is no where as compelling a design as the original 240z. Too bad they can't do a modern retro version of the 240z that really captures the essence of the original car:cry:. Why is it so hard to come up with a pure, flowing form? It's as if they may have started designing one, and then it went to a committe who added a clever little 'fang' here, and then to another committe who demanded yet another 'clever' detail there:sick:. And, while I'm at it, what the hell has happened to headlights and headlight covers? Maybe I'm just stuck in the past. This might be turning into a rant, but I think I'm gonna hit the "submit reply" button.

Adamr

Too bad they can't do a modern retro version of the 240z that really captures the essence of the original car:cry:. Why is it so hard to come up with a pure, flowing form? It's as if they may have started designing one, and then it went to a committe who added a clever little 'fang' here, and then to another committe who demanded yet another 'clever' detail there:sick:.
Why do you think they came up with the 350Z style anyway? Because their committee says nobody will buy the car if it doesn't look like an aero-blob thing or a GT race car. :sick: They probably couldn't fit all the stuff under the hood of a '240Z' either.

Too bad they can't do a modern retro version of the 240z that really captures the essence of the original car........
Let's be realistic here. That didn't happen because we're probably the only one's that would be interested in it. Remember the lengths they went to in order to distance themselves from anything 'Datsun'. Building a retro Z that 'captures the essence.....' would be counterintuitive to that. You can dislike the car they did decide to produce all you want but I don't think Nissan is listening or even cares about the relitively small following that wants to see some sort of retro S30. Other than in the clips that are inserted into the video, how many times do you even hear the word 'Datsun'? Here's a statement about the introduction/early days of the Z from that video:
The Z became an instant hit. Bringing attention and buyers to not only Zs but the entire Nissan brand.
Edited by sblake01