IGNORED

New Z car owner

Fangio

Hey, everyone.

I've had my 1973 240Z for about one week now and have some basic questions.

The windshield washer fluid sprayer is not working. I think I need a new pump. Where do you guys get parts for your car?

Where can I get a repair manual?

I have the original wheels with the old-fashioned hubcaps. I immediately lost one of the hubcaps during a vigorous drive. Where can I get another one?

Thanks!

Give Andy Russell a call at (480) 816-8668 or email him at

emailus@ZCarsofArizona.com

I just bought a new washer bottle and pump from him recently and he has a supply of good used parts so he may have a hub cap.

Not sure about the service manual, some of them are getting hard to find, it all depends on what year car you have, I think I may have seen one for a 73 recently but can't remember where. If he doesn't have them, try Motorsport Auto. Look around the web-links area and you will find many Z parts suppliers, so one of them will probably have what you need.

In your shoes if it's only been a short while since you lost the hubcap, I would try to backtrack and try to find it. Especially if it was in good condition.

Welcome to the club, use the Search function for many of your questions, as it helps to cut down on repeats.

If you find something by Searching, but it still is missing something, post a reply to THAT thread. The software will then make it an ACTIVE post and people will re-read not only your reply but also the information you've already received.

This method will make the search function that much more valuable, as new posts to old threads will then "revive" them and make them viable in an on-going manner. As new posts Add to that original post, the search will remember this post and make it easier to find, as well as provide an easy link in an "articles" section.

By the way, ditto on Andy Russell, heck DOUBLE DITTO. I've located some very hard parts through him many in New Old Stock condition, some in NEW condition.

2¢

So you need some help?

I purchased a washer pump from my local AutoZone store. It was the exact replacement part and was very inexpensive (forget how much - but under$10). Check this site for parts for sale first. Hubcaps are available; depending on the quality you want the price will vary quite a bit. I will soon be posting all my unused parts for sale on this site when I get an inventory of them i.e. I have the original wheels and hubcaps along with a CA smog air pump, original steel fan and clutch, stock exhaust manifold as well as other parts.

I did find that AutoZone carries quite a few replacement parts. I have purchased a starter, thermostat, washer, brake master, vacuum booster and other parts. They claim they have the replacement rear hatch strut also...which is hard to come by for the single hatch strut for the 70-73 or 74.

Hope this helps also.