won't start after rebuild - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

won't start after rebuild

Featured Replies

  • Author

bueller?

i think i'll repost this under the new problem to get some more responses. thanks everyone!

  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I ran into something like this when i performed my rebuild. I had everything TDC and only to find out that the Distributor was 180 deg out. It is an easy mistake to make. Pull the Distributor out and then set everything back up to #1 TDC (Pull the #1 plug to make sure), now look at the little "Half-Moon" line up on the Distributor and the socket on the engine. Make sure that it is aligned properly, I am betting that this is you issue. I can send you FSM pics to get into more detail if you need.

-Andrew

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.