IGNORED

York compressor belt

zed2

Does anyone know the size of the a/c belt for a side mounted York a/c compressor? Also, does anyone have the OEM part number for this belt? (FYI, the York was a dealer installed item for the 1970 240Z.)

Thanks,

Keith

I measured the existing belt at 13/32” x 48 5/8”. This is comparibale to the Gates 7480 or ACDelco 15480.

I would like to locate a Nissan branded belt in this size. Does anyone have a recommendation of an Nissan OEM compatable application?

Thanks,

Keith

Dilemma:

The belt on the vehicle is an Atlas 791 10W non-cogged, non-ribbed in size 13/32” x 48 5/8”. This is comparable to Gates/Goodyear/Dayco 7480 or 15480.

I cannot verify that Atlas was the original belt included in the dealer installed a/c systems.

I have not been able to locate a Nissan branded belt in this size. I have located a Bando brand (current supplier to Nissan for replacement belts) in the correct size. This belt is cogged, non-ribbed.

So my options are

1. Keep the old Atlas on the vehicle

2. Install a Bando brand belt

3. Obtain an alternative aftermarket belt that is non-cogged or non-ribbed.

As always, I am trying to keep the vehicle as original as possible.

Any suggestions?

Again, there wouldn't be an OEM belt for that system since it's aftermarket. For there to be a 'Nissan branded' belt that fits would rely on whether or not Nissan ever made a belt for an OEM application that coincidentally fit and then being able to find it/match it up since it would not have actually been made for your application. Beyond that, it's really your call. I'll bet that even the ZCCA judges wouldn't have a clear cut answer to that one.

Edited by sblake01

I'll bet that even the ZCCA judges wouldn't have a clear cut answer to that one.

With the recent rule changes in the stock class, a 240Z with any AC system would lose points, because none of the cars came from the factory with them. So from the ZCCA judging perspective, it wouldn't matter what belt is used.

-Mike