IGNORED

Fan Clutch help

J Shara

Does anyone have any tips on how to effectivley get all, or most of the road grime, grease and dirt from out between all the nooks and crannies in the fan clutch, i tried scraping, and a nylon bristle brush, and wd- 40, i just cant seem to get it out and make it clean.

post-19816-14150808398965_thumb.jpg This was it before i even started cleaning it

Either Brake Cleaner, or Engine Degreaser... plenty of patience and a good stiff long bristled brush. Soak the piece, walk away for a while, come back and re-apply.

It will take a couple of times, then rinse clean and to get the last bits out, use Stephen's Cleaner.

FWIW

E

I soaked mine in degreaser for awhile, then took it over to one of those DIY car washes and hit it with a pressure washer. Looked perfect when I was done. Mine was so dirty, I was seriously considering just buying a new one. You can kind of see it in the attached picture.

post-18081-1415080840015_thumb.jpg