240z 260z common parts - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

240z 260z common parts

Featured Replies

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT PARTS A DATSUN 260Z FROM 1978 AND A 240Z HAVE IN COMMON. WHAT ABOUT CHASSIS, DOORS, WINGS, REAR HATCH AND MECHANICALS?

I've just found one on ebay and it's not much money. Was thinking I could use it as a donor car. It's less than a day to go so i'd appretiate your time!

Thanks very much!

Matt

I don't know a TON about the version of the S30 that you folks overseas got, but as far as I understand it ... a LOT of stuff off of that 240 should work on your 260 ... in fact even some of the mechanicals from a later second generation Z will work on an older 240/260.

So that includes the doors and chassis components and certainly there are quite a few engine components that are transferrable as well. Radiator, starter, valve cover, etc. etc.

It won't be a spot on match, as I'd imagine that the electricals on the later year were quite a bit different, but most of the major stuff, from what I know, remained unchanged and interchangeable.

*SNIP* So that includes the doors and chassis components *SNIP*

Actually if Nissan used the US style door hardware in all of its 78 model year production run, the doors would only be swappable with a significant effort. That was the reason for Enrique's post in the duplicate thread. Hopefully this thread will be deleted or merged into the other. My suggestion: Don't respond to this thread. Find the other one of the same subject by mattbibbey.

  • Author

i might be a bit slow but how do I delete it?

Thanks for the replies too.

Just send a PM to the moderators.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.