IGNORED

pumping brakes

Frankensteinz2

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so i didn't listen and bought a new booster. I also put in a new master cylinder, check valve, both front calipers. Im still pumping...... I thought i saw a little leak in a rear passenger wheel cylinder so that is coming tomorrow. If that doesn't fix the pumping i am considering adjusting the push rod. Is this a common thing to do for this fix? As I said before, no visible leaks, with the exception of the rear cylinder. As this has gone so far, i figure this will not fix my problem though.

Any common areas i should really be lookin for leaks. I don't see anything but maybe im missin it.

Thanks

Frankie

I feel your pain...

Still having problems with my brakes also. Traced the problem to the rear circuit. Can't get the rear discs to pump-up, even though all the separate components appear to work. Decided to reduce a variable and go back to the rear drum brakes to get things working. Will figure-out the rear disc problem down the road. For now I want to get the brakes working so I can drive it and break-in the engine.

Frankie,

Like you, my brake problem is finally resolved. I gave-up and took it to Datsonville in Burlingame, CA. They couldn't get the rear discs to work either. I made an executive decision and had them convert back to the rear drums w/ new cylinders, turned drums & new shoes. Honzo at Datsonville in Burlingame re-installed the rear brakes and did a great job. Even painted everything!

Now, if anything, it feels a bit over-braked, but that's fine with me.

The system has 15/16" ZX master with Totota 4x4 S12 calipers up front. Wa-ay better than the stock set-up. Have an adjustable proportioning valve and after-market pressure check on the rear circuit to the rear drums.

Pedal is firm and requires less pedal force with substantially more braking power. My wife will like that… Now I just have to: 1) get headlights working, 2) figure-out why she's not charging the battery 3) install a new muffler/resonator 4) complete the heater-A/C controls modifications 5) fabricate and install A/C hoses 6) complete A/C compressor brackets 7) install stereo 8) wire driving lights 9) get interor light to work with doors 10) fix small paint defects & 11) clean & polish her!