IGNORED

240z fuel injection removal

Tophu530

I just bought a 280z engine for my 240z. It's got fuel injection so i'm removing it for carbs. I know what I need to do to take it off, but i don't own an air compressor or tools for them. Is it needed? or am i able to get by with had tools. I've also taken off the clutch and flywheel to mount it onto the engine stand. I assume to get the clutch back on it might take a little extra torque. Any help would be great. Thanks.

That can be done with hand tools. I own lots of air tools and find I mostly use hand tools.

I would consider replacing the clutch and pressure plate as you have the engine out and it is easier than driving it 2K miles and having it go bad. Resurfacing the flywheel is not a bad idea either. Flywheels require a torque wrench but not an air torque wrench. Torque them to spec not as tight as you can...

Thanks for the help and I don't think i will have to replace the clutch because the 280z engine has only about 66k original miles on it. The surface of the flywheel looks good and i'm not expert on clutches but i doubt it needs a replacement with 66k miles on it.