IGNORED

Datsun 240Z Barn find Restoration! cont.

mattbibbey

It does, thanks! I've got a mains electric powered drill with the cable thing so i'll try that. Also my grinder will work ( i hope) on the easier to reach ones.

I haven't even started to remove the stuff under the car! Like the fuel tank, any running gear oh god!! AND the engine. Aarrgh!

Well, the car tried to kill me a couple of times last night. I was removing the bonnet (hood), and the car tried to swallow me whole!! haha. Now I must start with those blasted wings! I won't let them defeat me again!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, update time. The bonnet and tailgate are off now. I can properly see the the radiator support panel. It's a bit lacy. None of it is distorted so replacing it won't be too challenging. The radiator itself is in a good state. The underside and outside edge of the airtubes looks ok, it'll just be the top that's in a bad way I reckon. I've removed the exhaust system and it's going in a skip. (I wanted a stainless one anyway.) I've drained the fuel tank so that's next to come off. The fuel was really red, a cross between red diesel and red wine!! Wierd. Now I'm struggling to release the wing from the headlight cowl. I know how, it's just siezed like everything else. LOL

• 4 weeks later...

does anyone know anything about distinctive industries? I found them online and their seat covers look good, but so do the blackdragon auto ones which i have heard some bad things about. Any help would be appretiated.

Cheers guys!

Matt

sorry guys. don't know how to do links. I've got the front left wing/fender off now finally. That was a hell of a job. The part of the airtube on the outside of the mud/crap guard has holes in it but they're only on the top of it. The cavity in the airtube just in front of the door is full of rat bedding! There will be a couple of pictures to come. Tommorrow probably.