1978 Skyline - Introductions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1978 Skyline

Featured Replies

hey guys, im new to the Z car club :)

i dont own a Z car exactly, but i have a 1978 datsun skyline, very similar to the Z cars around the same era. Its running a fully recond L28 through a 5 speed manual, with the best dam independent suspension ever built!!! :)

I love my zcars or any datsun, in my opinion anything with a L series in it gets my recognision.

Im in the process trying to find a set of triple webers (45mm) a intake manifold to suit, and a good set of extractors.

Also im trying to find a set of 15 or 16 inch watanabe rims, can anyone help me!!???

Welcom fellow Skyline owner. pics please!! C210 I'm guessing....

Contact Wolf Creek Racing. They're the Mikuni-Solex gurus in the US of A. I'd go with the 44mm for your L28. My L24 has 40mm M-S units and it screams. Mikunis are "better" than Webers in a Datsun application, I'm told.

Frank

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
i to have a skyline.. but is a 1972 2dr KGC10.. in premo condition..

Don't tease us like that. Post some pics please :).

-Mike

Mikunis are "better" than Webers in a Datsun application, I'm told.

Frank

Mikunis are "correct" in a Datsun! Mikunis are Japanese carburetors, Webers are Italian. Don't put Italian carburetors in your Japanese rocket!:finger:

post-4148-14150808048648_thumb.jpg

Great car, I owned one back in 84 to 86 when I was stationed at Kadena. Let's see some pics. Welcome to the site.

  • 1 month later...

Hi Kevin, I have the contact details for Australia's Watanabe distributor. He's located in Perth too. PM me your email address and I'll sent you his details.

There's a guy called Ricky that also has a C210 Skyline in Perth, his is a coupe though. Painted white with fender flares. Don't see too many of them around.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.