IGNORED

Hello Everybody! New owner!

Roman

Hi all! I got my first Z, 240 1970! HLS 30 030901. It took a lot of time and effort to bring it over to Russia. Yea, that's where it is now! I guess it is the first and the only one 240Z in the country. Great car, I love it! But here is the thing, the more I read the more questions I get. Some days back I found that my car engine is #L24 144330, which as I understood comes from 1972 or 73 year model. And the hood isn't original and so is the dash. It made me think, what is this car? I will post some photos, maybe someone can help me to figure out which bits of the car comes from which model. It may help me a lot when it comes to ordering parts! As the only place I can get them from is USA.

post-19506-14150807903602_thumb.jpg

post-19506-1415080790423_thumb.jpg

post-19506-14150807904916_thumb.jpg

Hi Roman:

Your 240-Z would be a 1971 Model Year, here in the States we refer to them as Series II. It would have had a Date of Manufacture of 05/71.

Your Engine would have been produced in 12/72, for the 1973 Model Year.

Looking at the pictures - I can't really tell you much.

- While the engine block may be from a 1973 240Z, the valve cover is from a Series I car circa 1970. Looks like the S.U. Carb.'s are also from a 70-72 240Z.

- Between the #1 and #2 Spark Plugs - cast into the head below them - there is a letter and number - is is E88 or E31? If it is E88 it is most likely the 73 head, if it is E31 it is most likely the 71 Head.

- That is a non-stock radiator - after market type - but should be fine

- The car has the 70/71 Metal Fan Blade - it would be a good idea to change it out for the newer and lighter weight plastic fan blade. The metal blades are heavy, wear the water pump bushings out and can come off - flying though the radiator or hood. If you can't change it - keep constant attention checking often for any signs of play or movement within the bushing. When worn the fan blade will move up/down when you lift it.

- Steering wheel is from a 70 Model year car

- brake master cylinder looks like an after market replacement

We'll know more as you Post more pictures

Welcome to the Group - tell us more about how you came to buy a 240Z, where it came from etc.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Clearwater/ St. Petersburg Florida

Congratulations on your 240 Z I couldn't bring up the picture any larger than on the post. So I cannot be of much help there. As for the engine the blocks from '70 -'73 are the same so the parts are all interchangeable. If and when something comes up about replacing things , just ask.

Good to have you with us.

Gary

Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting you Z home. You've certainly come to the right place for information. Where did you get your Z from and is that a "euro" style balance tube I see there? I wish I had one of those instead of the spaghetti like mess I have on my California Spec 73' 240Z. LOL

post-9360-14150807905838_thumb.jpg

Edited by =Enigma=

Thank you all!!! Nice to be here! I have posted some pictures in my "My Z Photos" (member gallery).

Anyway, a bit of history. This 240Z was imported to Holland around 10 years ago, it was restored there and then, being a European Union it has migrated to Germany about 2 years ago. It stayed there for about one year. I was in Europe last year and saw this car on website for sale. And so I decided to go and have a look at it. I did like it and forgot about everything else and bought it!!!! It had to stay in Germany at the seller garage for about half a year, while I have figured out how to import it. But I was so lucky that I have managed to bring it in before 2009!!! Some *** decided to put the import duty up to 5 euros per cubic cm. (meaning 2400*5 euros= 12000 Euros) And it is just for the import duty!!! But anyway, as I said I was very lucky! Now it is here!!!

I saw the picture of a 240Z in some magazine quite a while back, around 8 years ago. I loved it!!! Since then always wanted to own one. And now I do! Very happy!