IGNORED

tow truck incident

Frankensteinz2

1. It looks like the tow truck driver - did not have the wench hooked up, when he removed the front tie-downs.

2. NEVER get close to a car that is on a tow truck. Only after the car is sitting safely on the ground and the tow truck has pulled away should you touch the car.

From the video - the owner could be held at least partly liable for the damage - as he seems to have reached in the car and kicked it out of gear, or released the E-brake. If he did or not - it makes for a case in court...

As mentioned - it looks like he was drug along with the car by the car's door - he could have been killed...

Good lesson for all of us - STAY CLEAR. Take pictures from 20 ft away as well.

FWIW,

Carl B.

My first thought that OUCH! Wow is the owner? Then I started to think about the car. Not only the rear end but the door that was open could have been damaged as well. Also, how is the garage? The car had to hit something to stop, the back wall, assorted junk lying around. I sure hope the guy is ok. The car can be fixed easier than he can.

carl

The owner is fine. He said the only damage was to the rear end, but if i see him ill ask for pics. When i talked to him it sounded like it was the tow truck drivers fault. But as you guys said I think he might have been to blame. Anyways the tow truck driver's company is paying for the damage so i don't know whats up with that. I agree that you should stay plenty of distance from the car until it is completely off the lift.

Thank goodness it wasn't my Z LOL I think the next view you would gotten would be me comin out of the garage cryin like a little baby. He probably cut that part out. LOL

Frankie

Looks like your basic home security video. I have 4 camera's around my house as well. And it also does the time and date stamp. Video's without time and date stamps are not typically submissable in court. For their lack of time and date, it could have been anytime.

I can download and burn DVD's of video footage to give to the local PD, in case of burglary, theft, accidents, etc. Very innexpensive set-up and well worth it.

Sucks for the Z owner, looks like HE was the one at fault. Stay back and let them do their job. If they screw up, you were no where near the accident.

Dave