IGNORED

Hello, I'm hooked!

Hello everyone,

I've been a member here since February and have done a lot of reading. I thought I had introduced myself before, but my profile states that I've never posted. My first post is asking for help and I haven't properly introduced myself. Shame on me!:stupid:

Anyhow, my name is Michelle (Chelle for short) and I live in Reno, Nv. My husband, son and I have 4 Z cars. We have a 78 280z BP, a 78 Bronze 280z, a 74 1/2 Maroon 260z, and a 74 Silver 260z.

All our cars are works in progress and 3 are drivers. Our 260's are our biggest project. 1 is a running parts car with a R200, L28, and a N42 with triple webers. All of this will be removed and installed in the other 260. (This is my husband's car.)

The BP is pretty much a rust free car and is all stock. I do need to replace the left front fender (the only cancer spot on the car), have a dent repaired on the left back fender, and I need to replace the hood. The hood was perfect when I bought it, but someone backed over it and damaged it pretty bad. I've collected some much needed items for this car which are a crack free dash, the SAP pin striping decals to put on the car after it has been painted and the optional wheels that some call the "BP wheels." **I can't wait to finish this car!** (This is my car)

Our other 280 is also stock and nearly finished. It has some minor dents that need repair and then it will be ready for prep work and paint. (This one is my son's car.)

The BP was our first Z and we purchased it in the summer of 2007. Since then, we acquired the other three. Our cars are slow going projects for we also collect Vintage Honda motorcycles and they are taking up the space in the garage.

Well, that is about it for our addiction with the Z cars. We would like to find some other Z enthusiasts in the Reno area. I've talked with a few from California and Oregon, but gosh.... that to far for a get together. Anyhow, I'm sure we'll need to pick your brains at some point about our projects. I've enjoyed the wealth of information here already!;)

Thanks for reading,

Chelle

Hi everyone, I knew I wouldn't be alone with our ridiculous ever expanding hobby.;) Nice to know that there's another Reno-ite here. We'll have to exchange phone numbers. I'd love to see your car sometime. I'm at 7th & McCarran so we're not too far from each other. I'll send you a pm.

I only have a few photos to share. I need to take some photos of our bronze 280 and add them later. The cars aren't anything special, including the BP, but hopefully someday they will.

Here is the BP. I don't have any current photos with the hood damaged though.

This is my son showing off the car back in 2007:

100_0420.jpg

100_0280.jpg

Here is the 260 that we plan to put the motor in. We plan to take the bumpers off and add an airdam. We got this car in California near SF. If anyone here might recognize this car and know the previous owner, please let me know. I would like to get some history on it. This photo is actually from the previous owner when he was selling it. He sold it to a young fellow who took the seats and the carburetors out and then sold the car to us. So the young man didn't own it that long (a month maybe).

260z_driver.jpg

I have a video of the motor from the donor 260z somewhere. I'll have to look for it and upload it to youtube. I'll post a link later.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

Cheers,

Chelle

Here are some pics of the Bronze 280z. There's still a lot of work to do, but overall it looks much better than when we first got it. It had mismatched wheels on it, so I got some Ironcross wheels, refinished them and put them on the car. They're not perfect, but it was an immediate improvement.

100_2691.jpg

100_2693.jpg

I took more pics of the BP this morning. It needs a bath badly! You can see the wheels I put on it.

This is the good side, I'll take pics of the bad after I wash/wax it:

100_2697.jpg

100_2698.jpg