280 vs 240 louvers - Page 2 - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

280 vs 240 louvers

Featured Replies

Mitchell, where did you acquire your louvers, and how much?

Are they the ones with curved edges by any chance? Looking forward to the photos!

MSA sells a set that's got the curved corners that mount without drilling holes. I have a set I'm not using.

Found the original larger curved types that required rilling that I like better. Remember, holes can be filled and painted over...

  • Author
Ken-

I hope this helps with your decision. Keep us posted.

that is sweet, thanks Travel'n Man!

  • Author
MSA sells a set that's got the curved corners that mount without drilling holes. I have a set I'm not using.

Found the original larger curved types that required rilling that I like better. Remember, holes can be filled and painted over...

Oiluj, thanks for the info - I'll try back with MSA.....unless you might want to sell yours?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I checked MSA's website and the small B&W pictures don't show enough to tell what they look like. They just say that they sell aluminum and ABS louvers and that they don't require drilling. The ABS ones do appear to be rounded rather than angular and it also appears that they sit on the glass like the angular ones. They certainly aren't cheap at over $260.

I got (IMO) real lucky and found the louvers on ebay about 3 weeks ago. The PO never installed them, they were in the original box and I got them with a BIN for $140.00 and 35.00 ship. One of the best buys I have purchased on ebay for my '72, finally I didn't get screwed.LOL

The louvers are hinged.

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/AST10532.htm

The manufacturer is:

WILLPAK IND

2030 SPEERS ROAD

OAKILLE, ON CANADA

PART NUMBER 10532

  • Author
I checked MSA's website and the small B&W pictures don't show enough to tell what they look like. They just say that they sell aluminum and ABS louvers and that they don't require drilling. The ABS ones do appear to be rounded rather than angular and it also appears that they sit on the glass like the angular ones. They certainly aren't cheap at over $260.

Yeah, I will have to call them back, years ago anytime you called MSA they were VERY knowledgeable, the other day the guy seemed to flounder. Maybe I just need to ask for some familiar with the various louvers they sell.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.