IGNORED

Recent Just Dashes or Dashboard Restorations Experiences?

TVollnogle

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I just wanted to post my experiences with dashboard restoration. Overall, things were good. The bad: it took almost 7 months to get it back. I sent it in May but finally got it a few minutes ago. The good: I got both the dash and the center console done and am happy with the outcome. They are not perfect but considering what I sent them, they are a million times better. The glove box door doesn't fit great but it didn't before I sent it. The gauges were all in place and a baggy was attached with the hazard switch and glove box light switch. The nice thing about the time delay is that I totally forgot how much I paid for the process! I haven't checked the fitment of the valence between the dash and the windshield but am happy with the outcome.

carl

post-11951-14150813071694_thumb.jpg

post-11951-141508130721_thumb.jpg

post-11951-14150813072474_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Mine is now running 6 months since I sent them. Now that I know yours took 7 months, I know mine is not far behind. I really was getting scared but at least this tells me that it just takes a very long time. And true, I have forgotten how much I had to pay.

Hang in there! The dash turned out really nice. There were a couple of small wrinkles on the center console along a tight inside curve but overall, I think you will be very pleased. They said mine took longer because they had to do extra work on it due to the condition? If you don't hear from them soon, call or email them to light a fire under them. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

carl

• 3 years later...

Hi All, 

Just wanted to share my experience with dashboardrestorations - Pete for that matter.

I have also sent him my dash for restoration old 70's VW. 

i have sent my dash somewhere in 2010, took him almost a year to be done - at first, job looked excellent. however after a week or so with the dash installed in the car, the vinyl started to lift in several points and got worse in time. pete said that he had a bad glue batch. poor me.

he asked me to send him back the dash but since im not from the US, shipping cost and time brought us to decide that he finds a dash like it in his side, restore it and have it sent back to me.

the last time i heard from him he said the dash was ready for shipping back to me. but i have not heard from him ever since. tried dozens of times with now answer, then the line was disconnected or no longer available. then the website was down.

on one of our conversations he said he or his family had some health issues and that he has to travel...but i am to this day with shiny lifted vinyl dashboard and a 1200$ hole in my pocket. from my aspect the man just took off.

as far as i remember, before i found his site and shop, my research for a shop to do this job brought me to choose him because his service had the lowest tag price. now i know it was the most expensive one.

• 1 year later...

When Just dashes restored our dash on the Mercury,they did a half arse job. Immediate huge bubble,wrinkling. Maybe they have improved as it has been a good 5 years,but really disappointed in it. Not sure if there are any other companies that do a better job,but we were pretty disappointed then,and when we took the dash off we found that the urethane expanded. 

20161105_173012.jpg

20161105_172955_001.jpg

20161105_172919.jpg

• 4 years later...

Just had a really bad experience with Dashboard Restorations, Auckland, New Zealand, where the guy, Brett, was SO rude on the end of the phone when I politely enquired about the price for the quote he had just sent as I had not attached photos of my classic car dash to my enquiry email. Immediately defensive, spouting all the years of experience and when I mentioned that he seemed to be quite defensive and was not being very polite, he basically told me to stuff it and said he didn't need my business.

With an unprofessional attitude like that I would not like to see how the actual dashboards come out!

AVOID Dashboard Restorations NZ!