IGNORED

zs everywhere

I don't know if it is just because i own a Z know. That I'm noticing them but i took a drive today and i saw 2 different Zs one in goose creek that one was green and if any one one here belongs to that car let me know.And a light blue one that has a temporary tag on it just like 3 houses down by summerville high school.Also i went to every junk yard in the area and no one has a 240z for parts.

Yea, I've noticed that as well. I've always loved Z cars and have kept my eyes open when out and about. but it wasn't until I owned one that I started seeing them EVERYWHERE! I have only had my car since March 24th but since then I have seen at LEAST 3 or 4 different Z's a day. I just saw one of the best looking Z's I had ever seen just the other day. It was Teal with Black rims and had a San Jose Sharks sticker on the driverside rear window.

Sorry to thread jack, you post just reminded me.

It's about that time of year when everyone wants to get back on the road for sure. I think that the economy has caused a lot of these cars to come into the market from people who have been reluctant to sell previously. I know that is how I bought mine last year, the east coast is harder to find a good Z to start with, and with that comes a higher price tag. I waited until I found an owner who needed to sell a good car and I was ready when he put in out there, I figure that it helped us both out in the end.

My wife has fun driving along and screaming DATSUN!!! indiscriminately (whether or not one is present) and then delighting in the near whiplash it invariably induces in me...

Not many Datsuns roaming around up here...

Kind of makes us special...

Awww....

My wife has fun driving along and screaming DATSUN!!! indiscriminately (whether or not one is present) and then delighting in the near whiplash it invariably induces in me...

Not many Datsuns roaming around up here...

Kind of makes us special...

Awww....

That's a cruel woman you have there.....AARRRRR, 30 lashes to the winch! LOL

I'm going into my 2nd year driving my 240, and I have not passed (or seen) a single 70 - 78 Z car on the road yet. Occasionally a 280ZX and plenty of 300's and 350's. I know there are some, I'm a member of Z Car Club of New England (last count 30 members), but Z's sure are few and far between up here in snow country.

Life in New England I guess. But it does make our Z's feel a lot more special.

Ya Micheal - thats a mean trick. Kinda funny though. Kind of like the "pretend you throw the ball trick" with a dog.

As to Zs around here - Seeing one, it's enough to make a guy pull off the road to be sure of what it is. I had a guy follow me one time for several blocks into a Blockbuster video lot to see the car - he was very excited, told me his memories of Zs in his youth and about a ZX he was restoring - gave me his address and phone number on a peice of cardboard along with locations of a couple of parts cars. Was kind of a nice meeting (and mildly frightening).

Anyway Very rare here possibly 10 in the province from Z to 300ZX. Only seen two others on the road in four years since I started driving mine - both 280s.

*Not including 350s

Edited by Sailor Bob
Details

It is funny how pulling out your Z atracts more Z's... Last fall I went for an extended drive through the country and all of a sudden I saw flashing head lights in my rear view. First thought.... Im getting pulled over..... it's not a police car.... oh no- whats falling off!!! Turns out its another Z owner wanting to meet. Scared the #$%* out of me at first, but all was forgiven when I was given the locations of all his known parts donors.