IGNORED

Any last minute advice on floors and rails?

stevef1972z

OK, floorboard replacements are fabbed and bent, new rails from Bad Dog on the way (watching the tracking is addictive!) welder and air nibbler are in house and ready to go. I have read a lot of searches on this common rite of passage and I think I am ready to go. Car is on ramps, blocked, undercoating removed (btw just heat with propane torch till it starts to change color, not much more, hurts when it catches fire and drips on you while you try to beat out the flames!) battery disconnected and out, all flamable parts of interior removed or covered with welding paper.

One side at a time. Cut out the old, clean up the edges, flange the replacement panel, hammer and shape as needed, klinko into place, spot weld. That covers the floors.

Floor support and rail to TC mount, clean up the old and get into place, spot weld to hold and then bead them in.

Then weather proof with POR15.

Anything I should look out for? I think I should be able to do a side a day this weekend. The POR will take longer, should get it done during the week.

If I am missing anything that will cause a problem please give me a heads up?

Wish me luck!

Is the transmission out of the car? If so, install the trans mount or a temporary crossbrace to maintain the proper tunnel width as it can flex quite a bit. Other than that, it sounds like youve got a good plan. One thing I overlooked was the carpet clips on the old floorpan. I'm not sure if they were worth saving or not, but my seat riser mounts were rusted badly and not salvagable. Have you seen this link? Good Luck!

http://www2.zhome.com:81/Classic/240ZFloorboards/ChrisFloorboards.htm