IGNORED

The Amelia Experience - Making the Event

Carl Beck

Checking again today, I see that the zhome.com page I referred to above ( www.zhome.com/History/rally.htm ) lists a "4th update 17 April 2009", but the names of Herrmann and Schuller are still misspelled in the text.....

Hey - look at that! Checking again today I see "5th update 19 April 2009", and Herrmann and Schuller's names spelled correctly all the way through. Great! We are actually getting somewhere.

Unfortunately we still have a little work to do on the same page, so - firing up the old Ouija board again - let's see if we can get these fixed:

"Toni Fall" = Tony ( Anthony ) Fall ( spelled correctly elsewhere on the same page ).

"Shekhar Metha" = Shekhar Mehta ( spelled correctly elsewhere on the same page ).

"Paul Ester" = Paul Easter ( spelled correctly elsewhere on the same page ).

"Jean Todd" = Jean Todt.

Oh, and Fall & Easter's '73 Monte Carlo car was registered 'TKS 33 SA 8514' not "TKS33 8514".

OK - I won't make any 'Fifth Amendment" jokes......

Keep up the good work :)

Alan T.

Sidestepping Carl's spelling issues for a moment...

Cobra Daytona Coupe CSX2601 is scheduled to auction May 15th on a Discovery network televised broadcast. I understand that Peter Brock and Bob Bondurant will be on hand with comentary. I also understand the starting bid will be 10 million dollars. http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=SC0509-79207

This would be a great chance to see two people significant in the history of the 240Z. Peter Brock, of course as readers of this site will know, went on to establish Brock Racing Enterprises with numerous American national championships in Datsun products. Bob Bondurant is a personal friend of Yutaka Katayama. Can't say enough about Bondurant if you are not familiar with his resume', including his involvement with Datsun products. It isn't often that we get to see one of the old F1 guys.

I will enjoy watching this piece of Cobra history too! One of five cars, with history out the wazzoo.

• 4 weeks later...
Sidestepping Carl's spelling issues for a moment...

Cobra Daytona Coupe CSX2601 is scheduled to auction May 15th on a Discovery network televised broadcast. I understand that Peter Brock and Bob Bondurant will be on hand with comentary. I also understand the starting bid will be 10 million dollars. http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=SC0509-79207

This would be a great chance to see two people significant in the history of the 240Z. Peter Brock, of course as readers of this site will know, went on to establish Brock Racing Enterprises with numerous American national championships in Datsun products. Bob Bondurant is a personal friend of Yutaka Katayama. Can't say enough about Bondurant if you are not familiar with his resume', including his involvement with Datsun products. It isn't often that we get to see one of the old F1 guys.

I will enjoy watching this piece of Cobra history too! One of five cars, with history out the wazzoo.

Anyone else watching the Daytona Coupe auction tonight? It got bid up to $6.8mm, but didn't meet the reserve. They said they were looking for a minimum of $7.8mm all in (including the 6% buyers premium). I wonder if they chose to auction it through Mecum instead of Barrett Jackson because Mecum allows a reserve and Barrett Jackson doesn't?

-Mike