IGNORED

act your age. Wait no... Post your age

five&dime

Ever notice the young guys think this thread is great.......The nice thing about being 60 is that we lived the magic! You can paint and restore, but we were there to see 'em in the showroom and smell 'em when they were new. There is no substitute for the excitement we experienced in driving a new Z (mine was a '70 silver with black), or seeing John Morton, Bob Sharp and company blister everything on the track at Road Atlanta (I was on the Esses for every lap in 70 and 71). National champions and still number 1 in my heart. I've got 3 and still can't get enough of these awesome cars!! Thanks Brandon.......payback is Hell!!!!

Edited by Diseazd

I'll be 42 next month and doing what I can to hold back Father Time. I had my first Z, a 76' 280 about 22 years ago. Had to sell it to 'help' pay for kollege, that was a sad day. After graduating with a four year degree...several years later, I did something called marriage and then a few years later did something better called divorce, she just didn't fit. So, after living in a shoebox apartment after that episode I scraped for about three years to save money to by a house. BUT, I vowed to myself that I would find a house with a two car garage that would give me enough room to work on another Z someday. A few years later I picked up a 78' 280 in very good shape integritywise and had all the major body work done. My intent was to buy a 73' 240 but the asking price was too high for the ones I was looking at. I'm slowly getting it back together with new bushings, springs, struts, disc brake upgrades, and picked up a '83 ZXT motor also. I'm a day away from getting the rear strut towers back in...getting there.

I guess it's the same thing that hits all of us, when you drive one of these the feeling never leaves you so in addition to never letting go of your childhood, I wanted that feeling back since the day I sold that Z over 22 years ago.

I'm getting there and can't wait.....

Website needs a huge upgrade but I'll get to that also.

There is no substitute for the excitement we experienced in driving a new Z (mine was a '70 silver with black), or seeing John Morton,.........
Bought a new 240Z in Jan 1970 and met and spent hours talking with John Morton, Frank Monise, Pete Brock, Tom Davis, R.I.P. (Aviad oil pans), et al. at the BRE shop in El Segundo, Ca. Got free stuff from them like Interpart and BRE caps and T shirts that people would kill for now. Wish I still had them; the shirts, caps, and, of course, the car.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be 43 this year.

Saw my 1st 240Z when I was 12, one of my dad's friend's had a Lime one.. Luv the sound of the I 6 since then...

Bought my 1st 240Z in 2001 (Orange/White) sold it for a brand new WRX in fall 2001.. (stupid me...)

Bought my 2nd one in May 2008 (Lime/black) , and still keeeping it on a guilty sin...

Will fix it mechanically this spring.. Can't wait for the snow to disapear...

I have shirts that are older than some of you guys:)

I am assuming that I am one of those youngsters.:classic:

I was actually really surprised to see that there were only a couple people my age. I do understand that it is an older car and not from my generation but it is SOOOOO GOOD LOOKING!!:love:

Just turned 50.

I remember going to sit in the 240-Z back in 1972. They used to chase me out of the dealer until I got a 510 brochure for my 4th grade teacher and he bought the car. I was welcome to sit in as many Z-cars as I wanted!

My first Datsun was a 1969 510 I bought in 1976. From that point I 've always had a Z or another Datsun/Nissan in the family: Currently in the stable:

2001 and 1987 Maximas

1971, 1973 and 1985 Z cars