Identify my carbs please - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Identify my carbs please

Featured Replies

Hello i have a set of carbs that i ordered off ebay .I can not read the numbers on them. Here are the numbers i can make out 1601H. That mite not be write but thats what it looks like.

post-18859-141508063933_thumb.jpg

post-18859-14150806394078_thumb.jpg

You have a set of three screw, Hitachi licensed Skinner Union (SU) carbs.

Will

I'm not so sure, Will. I think the angle of the photo from the top is bad and we can't see the other two dome screws. I don't see any sign of the coolant passages in the bottom. So I think they are 4-screws, from a late '70 or a '71.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I am sorry they are 4 screw. I need to buy a new jet needle. I want to make sure i git the rite one.It is bent causing the car to miss at idle.I don't know where to buy the write needle.Also I'm not sure of the year. My 72 had no carbs wen i got it.The sender was not sure either.

post-18859-14150806395858_thumb.jpg

post-18859-14150806396458_thumb.jpg

Edited by john mcgarvie

I need to buy a new jet needle. I want to make sure i git the rite one.It is bent causing the car to miss at idle.I don't know where to buy the write needle.Also I'm not sure of the year.

Get a new needle from www.ztherapy.com. As Arne and Walter noted, these are from a late 1970 or 1971.

-Mike

  • Author

Yes i went there but i was wondering if any one had the part number for the needle its self.

Yes i went there but i was wondering if any one had the part number for the needle its self.

Just call them up and talk to them. They should be able to tell you what you need.

-Mike

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT be confusing me with part numbers!!!! This is not rocket science. Just call me and we'll get some coming. ;)

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT be confusing me with part numbers!!!! This is not rocket science. Just call me and we'll get some coming. ;)

Yes, after years of counting dome screws, Bruce has lost the abilty to recognize any numbers besides 3 or 4. LOL

.

Yes, after years of counting dome screws, Bruce has lost the abilty to recognize any numbers besides 3 or 4. LOL

.

Now that there's funny, I don't care who ya are...... ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.