IGNORED

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

conedodger

Hi Phil, your assumption is not quite correct. The Blue and white car in front of Logan is Dan Parkinson's 280Z #5 which is not a BRE car. The Logan blackburn car shown might be the BRE 3 car, but I am not sure. Dan had the #46 car but wrecked it prior to this photo, this shows Dan's later car that he built out of the salvagable pieces of the 46 car.

Actually you've confirmed what I said, they Yellow (now returned to blue trim) is the Blackburn/ex-BRE car, and thanks, I had a brain fart, couldn't remember Parkinson was in the blue one behind sharp

Barely poking into the picture on the right in the third row is the white 280 of Frank Leary. He is running the mags that I occasionally will run on my car for vintage events. He went on to win the runoffs in 1978 with that car using bigger and better wheels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Z on Ebay is not the Electramotive car. It belongs to Mike Murphy and it was at the SVRA Vintage races at the Glen Sept 11. He won the All Datsun race. In the Runoffs picture above the Z on the 5th row (white and red hood) is Bob Leitzinger in his 1975 280Z. Bob was also at the Glen Sept 11th racing his Datsun 510 and Lotus Elan.

Very cool car, I saw it in person at Road America back in the late 90's when Dave Dutko owned it. Had the pleasure watching him battle it out with an uber-expensive rear/mid engined Jaguar prototype car. They swapped the lead every lap, in the end the Jaguar came out on top but not by much. It's also THE car the molds were taken off which John Washington sells at reactionresearch.com

• 3 weeks later...