IGNORED

240Z fuel pumps - How many different OEMs?

Arne

A few (two?) years ago I saw a rebuild kit for 240Z F.P. online; went back later and couldn't find it. Hope you find the parts.

Looks like this thread was to find replacements for the OE Fuel pump but Denki is no longer made in Japan and the new ones are stamped metal which don't look right and are useless to me since I run a fuel pressure gauge from an AN hose tee'd from the outlet, impossible with stamped metal. My OE style Denki from Pep boys is fairly new but I want to rebuild my old Nikki that was on my '73 when I got it, for a spare.

Also, been trying to get a OE style Carter (made in USA), but the new ones are stamped. I called the Carter factory many times, left messages and emailed them, trying to find the earlier type, but never received a reply. I called Rock Auto and they said they had the OE type Carter, and directed me to the photo of it on their site. Two days later the photo was removed (respect them for that).

BTW my Denki is putting out 4.0 psi, and my float valves don't have a problem with it.

BTW my Denki is putting out 4.0 psi, and my float valves don't have a problem with it.

I put on an aftermarket Carter and it's putting out 6+ psi causing the carbs to load up, dump gas, and stall when idling. Putting a regulator in the line to limit it to 3.5 psi while I try to get my original 1501 pump rebuilt, or find a good condition Nikki replacement.

What model is your Carter, mechanical or electrical?

Mechanical. Supposed to be for the 1971 FairladyZ. Carter M60107 on the box label. The sheet included shows diagrams of the original Nikki pump, version 1 and version 2, and says 1080 fuel pump assembly. It gauged putting out 6psi instead of the maximum 3.5psi the carbs will handle without flooding out at idle.

Edited by Kerrigan

• 1 year later...