IGNORED

Front end 'spook' options..

Zedyone_kenobi

These are cropped from Arne's 2 pictures.

[ATTACH]27943[/ATTACH][ATTACH]27944[/ATTACH]

This is the support that's welded to the radiator cross member.

I will check my car to see if I have that tonight, if not, I will need to procure a donor. And it will make me wonder why I do not have that, if it was welded, I need to see if it was removed and how.

Should be some fun detective work!!!

Geezer, I had the same problem with the red x on this post also... but got around it by right clicking on the image and selected "open image in other tab" image is avail. (windows xp) in other tab and when you come back to this post the images are shown as they should be. Nice looking car Zedyone! Not to change the subject on this post but...... what color code is the silver painted on your car?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, when you get the valances for the front you might want to add some more suport to the factory parts so the spook won't bend the metal as much. The parts were not designed to have a large spook and all that downforce on it. I plan to do that to mine when I add the spook (not the Z to your right). The z I have the original owner had one on the car and you can tell.

hummm.... I've had the BRE Spook on my 72 since Dec. 71, and it has been just fine. The only time I've seen the Spook bend any of the panels is when you hit parking curb's with it.

It would seem that securing the rigid Spook to the sheetmetal panels, actually reinforces them. There really isn't all that much force on the Spook itself - as it simply redirects the air flow up into the radiator opening and on up over the hood... the reduced air flow under the car, and the increased airflow over the car account for the reduction in lift or additional down force... but that pressure isn't applied directly to the Spook itself.

FWIW,

Carl B.

I tend to agree with Carl. While I've only had my spook on for a couple of years and about 6000 miles, almost all of those miles have been at highway speeds. I had mine off recently to clean and wax, and the sheet metal is just fine.

I tend to agree with Carl. While I've only had my spook on for a couple of years and about 6000 miles, almost all of those miles have been at highway speeds. I had mine off recently to clean and wax, and the sheet metal is just fine.

If that is the case I'll be well off then especially if a add some reinforcement around the holes. I've never hit anything with the front or any part of a Z except some very light scrape on a giant speed bump that an officer directed me to go over (they took the top off the bump shortly after that). I've heard from others on forums that they have had some mild problems and I know with silver on my truck it will show very easily.

Good luck for original center section that don't need straitening even if you do you might need to tweak it little to get it to line up.I've never had a hard time finding the side panels you need, but the center sections are usually in bad shape. The piece is very simple and a body shop should be able to take a not so perfect one and make it better. I've never had a hard time finding the side panels you need. I wish I can help more right now but I don't know your area.