IGNORED

Front end 'spook' options..

Zedyone_kenobi

Yes, it is consistent across the opening. The center grill support is a bit messed up on this piece but otherwise undamaged. I bought it to replace the lower part of the support on my '70. Maybe a few of you other guys could take the same measurement for comparison?

A few more measurements to compare to would be nice but not nessesary. You would first have to identify what is bent out of spec. Is it the entire lower boxed section of the rad core support or just the bottom outer skin caved in or a combination of both? It could be bent backwards also if the car was driven up some curbing in it's past.

Regardless, I think the best course of action to take here would be to assemble the center valance to the corners and allow it to hang loose in a position that looks good. Now, measure what length is needed and fabricate a bracket like you mentioned before, to join the center valance to the bracket to hold it in the desired position. It will be nessesary to use 3/8" spacers between the rad support and center valance with longer bolts to attach the spook to the rad core support as Carl has described. I don't think I would attempt to straighten the lower rad support on an otherwise finished car if it is easy enough to fab a bracket and use a few spacers. The end result should look good and the bracket & spacers will not be noticeable anyhow. Otherwise a more thorough diagnosis will have to be made before deciding how to straighten it, and that would mean more disassembly in order to gain access and allow the use of a spreader bar, etc. Too bad this wasn't all test fitted before the paint was done.

Far be it from the likes of me to make note of that. I mean, it's not like I have never ignored instructions or advice in my enthusiastic haste before. I've got a small story on tap, once I get a few more miles on the car to confirm that I have truly fixed a recurring issue. And trust me, it doesn't reflect well on my ability to follow directions either.

3531954458_6152555a56_b.jpgUpdate:

I did a trial fitting before drilling any holes. I need to go find out what size bolt goes into my center valance captive nuts. They are smaller than the welded nutplates on either side. Why they did not use all the same is beyond me.

I am very pleased with the symmetry of the air dam. It fits well, and I think will snug up nicely once I get the sides drilled and bolted and the 5 center bolts in.

Just for informations sake, the bolts are M5's that fit the captive nuts in the lower valance.

Its amazing how hard it is to find a good source of metric bolts.

I've always found that the local Ace Hardware branch usually has a good assortment of metric bolts in their "fastener central" or whatever area. Never had a problem finding the bolt I needed in stainless. This was for when I lived in Dallas and where I live in Austin, I assume Houston stores should be the same.

Almost finished with this project. I am just about happy with the way its looking on the car. I need to do some final adjusting and shimming, but I think its looks pretty 'far out' to use the 70's vernacular. My bumper is loosely bolted up still need to wiggle it just right to get the side bolts in, but I think thats will not prove too difficult. The tricky part was getting it back on by myself. THANK GOD FOR TUBE SOCKS

3551458210_aa7323f464_b.jpg

3550649767_9c761508ba_b.jpg

3550649825_19a76a0c6d_b.jpg

That does look pretty rad.

Before you take her down off the ramps, do you think you could get underneath and take some photos showing locations you bolted stuff up? Could be good reference, since I don't recall seeing such pictures before on this forum.