IGNORED

Aussie Patrols, MQ and G60

26ounce

I have just stumbled to the conclusion that early patrols may be running L series motors(definitely MQ, maybe G60) . Has anyone bothered to have a look at these 4wds as a parts donor. For all I know they could also have R200 diffs also.

I'm just wondering whether patrols might be a good source of L6 parts. I've heard a few people have swapped V8s into their MQs so there might be some cheap motors out there that go unrecognized by the Z crowd.

Also, did the MQ ever come out with a turbo charged diesel L motor. I seem to remember seeing one advertised as turbo diesel but I don't know whether it was an L motor or not. If so, would the turbo and manifold be any use to a petrol L motor?

Well after some time looking around the internet while supposedly at workLOL I think I have answered my own question.

The G60 used an old pushrod 6 Cylinder motor called the P40 with 1 barrel down draught carb. It was about 4 litres in capacity.

The diesel engine used in MQ patrols is an SD33 not an LD28 so I'm assuming that is not of much use to any of us. The SD33 does also come in a turbo charged form for what it's worth.

Both the petrol fuelled MQ & MK patrols used the L28s, initially with a 2 barrel down draught carb, then later I think it came with EFI (not to sure about that though).

As for diffs, some of the old nissan/datsun 4wds seem to have either an R180A or an R200A front diff. Got no idea what the "A" means. The rear diff being a C200, or H190.

So i guess they are only a source of an L28 and not much else.