IGNORED

Fiberglass bonnets being made

Adzmax

Hi Guys,

i am guessing there hasn't been much progress on this?

I met a guy today (picking up an R33 GTST rear end for my Z), who makes fibreglass/carbon/carbon fibre parts as a side business. He had some awesome carbon parts

I asked him if he would be keen to do a batch of 240K ones, and he sounded quite keen. I said i would chase up some numbers to make sure it was worthwhile for him (i said there was probably 5-6 ppl interested).

I also have a decent enough bonnet to use as a moulding base.

He should be able to do them in either fibreglass, fibreglass with a carbon top layer, full carbon or if you were really keen, carbon kevlar.. He can also do with or without the inside braces, nuts, catch etc.

PM me if you would really be willing to go ahead and buy one if i can organise it. I am guessing it will take 2 months or so. I don't want to waste this guys time if there aren't enough of .

Kent

awesome, that is 2 bonnets so far. 3 or 4 more needed..

guys, just to make things clear, i am not planning to be a middle man in the deal or anything like that. once we have numbers and he then agree's on pricing etc. i will take over my bonnet for him to make a mould from, and then payments and arrangements can be made directly.

Kent

• 3 weeks later...

unfortunately not yet,

we are still at 4 (5 if you take 2), but i did email him "remind" him that we are all ready and willing as soon as he has the time. From what i gathered, he needed to clear out his workshop first (i new it was going to take time). I sent him through pictures of my bonnet to make sure it was suitable (and to give him an idea of the size) and he seemed fine with it.

he hasn't worked in fibreglass in a commercial sense for while, so he wouldn't even guess at a ball park figure for me.

I will keep reminding him, but i don't want be a pain

Kent

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My apologies... I just noticed this is for the 240k Skylines, not the 240z. BUT on the other hand, get me the parts you need made and I wouldn't mind making the molds & producing the parts for you guys.

I make fiberglass bonnets for the s30 & s130... for the s30 I make a stock, cowl, multi-louvered and zx hood scoop style. For the s130 I make a stock turbo style hood. Plus I can make (already have a ton of molds) other parts for the s30/s130 too.

I'm in California is the only issue, BUT if we can locate a good freight service and get a group order together it'd cut down on costs.

Let me know if that's something you guys are interested in.

I don't have pics of the hoods on my website yet, but I can give you example pics of how the hoods look.

Here's my website... Z Force Productions and my Facebook Fan Page... Z Force Productions Facebook Fan Page

Edited by 280zforce