IGNORED

Head Change

Zed2k

Not certain what you mean by laurel, but any Z head from an L series engine will fit on another Z block. WILL being the operative word here because you may not WANT to. Different heads are setup differently from others. The earliest Z heads (E31 I believe) are high compression heads while others are not. The correct block choice is essential as well. Why go with a L26 (2.6 liter) When a L28 (2.8 liter) is more readily available and is delivers more. If you do happen to go for the L28, and we all hope you do, I suggest a late model L28. They are more rigid inside, siamesed, and again; more readily available.

Of course once you have made these choices the there is fuel delivery to worry about, carbs or fuel injection. But one thing at a time.

------------------

"Go into emptiness, strike voids, bypass his defences; hit him where he does not expect you" -Lao Tzu

Thanks Timberwolf,

The infomation I requested was for my friends low rider,because he blew it up at 110 mph oops,now wants another engine and I have a L26 block but he wants to use his original head, N42,

As for my own engine I am building a L28 82 model year engine,with a compression ratio of 9.8:1 and using a P90a head with stage 3 camshaft and triple webbers and 6 branch header, at present using standard fuel pump/going to electric soon. This engine should be finished hopefully before christmas

Thanks for the help.